View Poll Results: Whatsapp alternative?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Viber

9 29.03%
  • Hike

3 9.68%
  • Line

8 25.81%
  • WeChat

7 22.58%
    9 29.03%
  • SMS

6 19.35%
  • others (write down below)

1 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Hey all,
    as I recently read the article about the whatsapp acquiration by Facebook, I can immagine that many of you (or at least a few) consider switching to another IM Service. A very important point to me is the data privacy (let's say the best possible, because I think that everyone will save a little bit about their user :P ) So tell me, if you know some good alternatives!

I'm also a little bit sceptical about viber, which should save more data than the average... but now

Source: Facebook buys WhatsApp for $16 billion | Windows Phone Central
    02-20-2014 04:47 AM
    Definitely Skype.

Also, I saw a similar post on my facebook feed (something like, "most people used whatsapp because it wasn't connected to fb, what now?") and I'm seriously asking myself why would anyone care about that? Yeah Fb likes to know a little more about its customers but it's not like totaly spying on you, don't be that paranoid.
    stalemate1 likes this.
    02-20-2014 07:32 AM
    Wasn't GroupMe made by Microsoft to be exactly what WhatsApp is, it just never took off? It's a shame because it looks like a decent app, just doesn't have the userbase. And probably never will with so many people using WhatsApp. Although I'd like to see Skype swallow up GroupMe and just be a really, really good chat app on mobile. It has the potential.Just not quite there yet.
    Dadstar0410 and Jupast like this.
    02-20-2014 09:56 PM
    Wasn't GroupMe made by Microsoft to be exactly what WhatsApp is, it just never took off? It's a shame because it looks like a decent app, just doesn't have the userbase. And probably never will with so many people using WhatsApp. Although I'd like to see Skype swallow up GroupMe and just be a really, really good chat app on mobile. It has the potential.Just not quite there yet.
    I agree. Having two different products in the same industry that are competing against each other (in this case, IM service market share) is never good. This would be a great reason for the Skype team to merge with the GroupMe team, or vice versa.
    02-20-2014 10:00 PM
    Visually viber to me is much more appealing than whatsapp on windows phone 8, it has a little touch of youthful spunk to it and very funky alert tones mixed with vibrant colours, starting up whatsapp is like opening the messages app, black background and mundane texts.
    02-21-2014 03:28 AM
    I checked the Store for GroupMe and under its description it says that GroupMe is now a part of the Skype team.

Dunno why they haven't merged the apps yet then.
    02-22-2014 09:09 AM
    WeChat is a feature rich IM app, and I love it. However, it doesn't have very many users in the US. :/
    02-22-2014 04:20 PM
    Try Telegram's unofficial client Migram BETA, seems much faster and secure than Whatsapp. Best thing is it is Open Source and AD-free.
    02-22-2014 10:50 PM
    If you can't feel safe with a big company like Facebook, I don't believe you'll ever feel safe with anything else on the internet.
    02-23-2014 08:25 AM
    I'll stay with whatsapp, but i have heard samsungs chaton is good
    02-23-2014 08:31 AM
    Telegram, the best

unofficial Migram (or Ngram)
    02-23-2014 08:39 AM
    Check here are some cool alternatives to whatsapp

10+ Best Free Alternatives to WhatsApp
    03-20-2014 12:46 AM
    Though I had Whatsapp from the get-go (bought it on iOS in the beginning, when it was paid once for a lifetime license), Viber became the app of choice, followed by Skype. Most of my friends value free apps (too much for their own good, in fact) and I always liked it. So, yeah, Viber.
    03-20-2014 09:03 AM
    i dont understand the purpose of this discussion. i mean, if FB bought it, it does not mean Whatsapp will be shut down. and if privacy is concerned, i am unable to assess the risk of privacy here. plz explain.
    03-21-2014 12:37 AM
    Best alternative, buy an sms bundle and send sms messages.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-22-2014 01:43 AM