Hi there - I am new to windows phone os. I have used a few iPhones and several android phones. I thought I'd give the windows phone os a try. I really like the responsiveness of the os and the live tiles. However, the one application that I really need is a dictation app. I need to be able to dictate memos, letters, briefs, etc and then send them to dropbox or even via email to my secretary to transcribe for me. I need to be able to record, rewind, fast forward, record over etc. With ios I used "dictamus", and for my android phones, I used grudnig business systems "dictation blue" and "dictatroid voice recorder". I have not been able to find a similar product with the windows phone apps. Does anyone have any suggestions? Using a lumia 1020. Thank you for your help.
    02-20-2014 07:08 PM
    Hi there - I am new to windows phone os. I have used a few iPhones and several android phones. I thought I'd give the windows phone os a try. I really like the responsiveness of the os and the live tiles. However, the one application that I really need is a dictation app. I need to be able to dictate memos, letters, briefs, etc and then send them to dropbox or even via email to my secretary to transcribe for me. I need to be able to record, rewind, fast forward, record over etc. With ios I used "dictamus", and for my android phones, I used grudnig business systems "dictation blue" and "dictatroid voice recorder". I have not been able to find a similar product with the windows phone apps. Does anyone have any suggestions? Using a lumia 1020. Thank you for your help.
    One option is using the built in OneNote...I know you can easily set that to record voice notes, but there wouldn't be a 'record over' feature, you'd just delete the voice recording and record it again.

Most of the apps are actually going to cater around a built in transcribe...it's somewhat rare to find one that is built around just recording sounds but I'm sure they are out there.

But, just found this one...would be handy to have the 'upload to OneDrive' feature built in.

Voice Recorder Pro+ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    thetroublewith likes this.
    02-27-2014 09:35 AM