03-01-2014 03:04 PM
53 123
tools
    Can mytube download?
    Yep!
    02-24-2014 12:26 PM
    MyTube is better, IMHO. It receives more frequent updates, has continue in background as audio, and is more enjoyable to use. However, as it costs money people will tell you MetroTube is better.
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    02-24-2014 12:27 PM
    how to continue in background as audio?

nvm
    02-24-2014 12:53 PM
    So you are the developer of Metrotube?
    lol I wish. I just notice that there is very divided opinion on MyTube v Metrotube and was interested in why. Seems like Metrotube is nicer UI and free, but MyTube has the features
    unstoppablekem likes this.
    02-24-2014 01:13 PM
    Non US carrier. But is the app really carrier dependent?
    some carriers block certain links I think
    02-24-2014 01:14 PM
    Considering the price of Metrotube vs Mytube (free) and considering the overall look, feel, and functionality is sufficient for most people in Metrotube, I would have to go with Metrotube. It is a beautiful looking app that runs quickly, but sometimes there are bugs.
    02-24-2014 01:18 PM
    Can mytube download?
    MyTube allows me to download videos that Metrotube and other youtube clients can't.
    02-24-2014 07:53 PM
    MyTube allows me to download videos that Metrotube and other youtube clients can't.
    Actually, metrotube can. Heck, it's had that before MyTube...
    HyperChrisX likes this.
    02-24-2014 08:02 PM
    Features - mytube
    Stability - metrotube
    Funny, on my 920 is far more stable mytube than metrotube.
    02-24-2014 08:05 PM
    I was a long MetroTube user, but I switched to MyTube, because of the frequent updates, features, and a great developer. I bought both. Anyways, both are better than the official YouTube apps on ios and android, they SUCK!
    anon5351951 and ali80 like this.
    02-24-2014 08:07 PM
    Well, somehow MetroTube is working well today. No reinstall or any action taken. Just work by itself. Not sure why. Something is just weird about playing YouTube on my carrier via Windows Phone.
    02-24-2014 10:27 PM
    The playback experience is superior with myTube. The aforementioned background / audio playback is great for podcast-like channels, it deals with playlists better, you can have the video playing while navigating anywhere through the app, the scrubbing implementation is clever, the interface is far smoother and it has proper transitions when changing orientation.
    02-24-2014 11:22 PM
    Ended up buying myTube for a few reasons. Easier UI, the way it was laid out was easier for me to follow, and helping out with the Beta didn't hurt at all. While I'm sure that the guys that did Metrotube care, I feel that the guy for myTube gave that little bit more. While my personally choices led me to myTube... you really can't go wrong with either. I found both to be superior to the "official" youtube app that Microsoft had out for a short time.
    02-24-2014 11:38 PM
    I bought mytube days ago. Now, I watch videos using my phone more than my PC and iPad. Everything I wanted is in it. Metrotube also nice but lack some features only good in mytube.
    02-24-2014 11:58 PM
    Actually, metrotube can. Heck, it's had that before MyTube...
    No, I am talking about some videos that Metrotube can't download for some reasons but myTube can.
    02-25-2014 01:23 AM
    I use mytube nowadays.

Metrotube is a good app and both apps have a lot of functions in common, it just feels that mytube usually does it better.

Mytube and Metrotube allow you to download/preload the files to your phone which is a great feature for people that have a limited data plan (like me), so we can preload the videos while connected to wifi and then watch them on the go (train, walk, car, plane, skydiving etc.). While mytube allows queueing downloads (it will download two videos at the same time, but you can queue more and, afaik it even allows downloading in the background) metrotube can only download one video at a time and is not able to queue at all. However, mytube requires external power for videos larger than 100Mb whereas metrotube doesn't. Also, Metrotube allows you to select the quality you want to download, which is nice but mytube seems to download 720p anyways so the covenience of being able to queue downloads is more important to me.

I also like the fact that mytube allows you to listen to the audio track of a video in the background. As far as I know, Metrotube does not have that option

If you disable the new "river view" in metrotube, you can actually use the app in landscape but with the new UI that point is moot as both apps only allow navigation in portrait mode and you have to keep on turning your phone, which is a annoying.

PS: i bought both apps, though.
    02-25-2014 03:09 AM
    Do you get some extra features, when you buy the app?
    02-25-2014 03:18 AM
    Do you get some extra features, when you buy the app?
    Mytube limits you to 1 hours of video in every 3 hours, then it forces a 10 minute break on you.
    Metrotube will not alow you to watch/stream HD quality
    02-25-2014 04:40 AM
    Mytube limits you to 1 hours of video in every 3 hours, then it forces a 10 minute break on you.
    thanks, i will buy the app probably since i watch youtube a lot :P Or I will wait until 8.1, maybe Microsoft finally make a youtube app
    02-25-2014 06:23 AM
    Comparing Apps is a great idea. I have only used MetroTube so I'll be watching this forum thread. Thank you.
    02-25-2014 06:49 AM
    You can watch videos in HD with MetroTube...
    02-25-2014 09:06 AM
    You can watch videos in HD with MetroTube...
    according to the app description only if you buy it. Since I bought it I can not verify if this is true.
    02-25-2014 09:09 AM
    according to the app description only if you buy it. Since I bought it I can not verify if this is true.
    according to MetroTube's store description trial is unrestricted and unlimited. You can buy it just to support the devs (+get rid of buy button in menu) :)
    02-25-2014 11:53 AM
    according to MetroTube's store description trial is unrestricted and unlimited. You can buy it just to support the devs (+get rid of buy button in menu) :)
    Maybe they agent updated te description in the German marketplace, the German marketplace still says HD playback is a bought feature.
    02-25-2014 01:40 PM
    Maybe they agent updated te description in the German marketplace, the German marketplace still says HD playback is a bought feature.
    I won't argue with you, you're probably right - it might be outdated. :-) German translation has been added to MetroTube long time ago, so the store description probably remains unchanged since then. :p
    Last edited by Martsicky; 02-25-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    02-25-2014 01:56 PM
53 123