Metrotube vs MyTube (feature comparison)

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
is there any app, which can save videos and can play them from video hub, or can allow videos to be transferred to PC or any other location?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Obviously the top two YouTube apps, but the question is... What does Metrotube do better than MyTube, and what does MyTube do better than Metrotube? Which features are essential to a YouTube app for you?

So you are the developer of Metrotube?

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
MyTube is better, IMHO. It receives more frequent updates, has continue in background as audio, and is more enjoyable to use. However, as it costs money people will tell you MetroTube is better.

Tansen

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Considering the price of Metrotube vs Mytube (free) and considering the overall look, feel, and functionality is sufficient for most people in Metrotube, I would have to go with Metrotube. It is a beautiful looking app that runs quickly, but sometimes there are bugs.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I was a long MetroTube user, but I switched to MyTube, because of the frequent updates, features, and a great developer. I bought both. Anyways, both are better than the official YouTube apps on ios and android, they SUCK!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, somehow MetroTube is working well today. No reinstall or any action taken. Just work by itself. Not sure why. Something is just weird about playing YouTube on my carrier via Windows Phone.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The playback experience is superior with myTube. The aforementioned background / audio playback is great for podcast-like channels, it deals with playlists better, you can have the video playing while navigating anywhere through the app, the scrubbing implementation is clever, the interface is far smoother and it has proper transitions when changing orientation.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Ended up buying myTube for a few reasons. Easier UI, the way it was laid out was easier for me to follow, and helping out with the Beta didn't hurt at all. While I'm sure that the guys that did Metrotube care, I feel that the guy for myTube gave that little bit more. While my personally choices led me to myTube... you really can't go wrong with either. I found both to be superior to the "official" youtube app that Microsoft had out for a short time.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought mytube days ago. Now, I watch videos using my phone more than my PC and iPad. Everything I wanted is in it. Metrotube also nice but lack some features only good in mytube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99