Metrotube vs MyTube (feature comparison)

anon5351951

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Obviously the top two YouTube apps, but the question is... What does Metrotube do better than MyTube, and what does MyTube do better than Metrotube? Which features are essential to a YouTube app for you?

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
MyTube's lockscreen rotation during video playback is independent from phone settings. :p so.., you can rotate to fullscreen even if you've got rotation locked.

MyTube can decrypt new google algorithms (changes affecting video playback/comments/vevo channels) and all that happens in "cloud" so there is no need to release an update when google mess something with the code.

MyTube saves history of playback to account, and MetroTube doesn't.

MyTube supports more languages.

+ Personally I like MyTube's tile more than flipping MetroTube's tile.

However I bought both apps :)

anon5351951

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Interesting points. If Metrotube bought these features, would people switch back or has the damage been done? Any other opinions? Things Metrotube does better?

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Matter of opinion but I like Mytube's UI much more. It's more natural way to browse youtube for me compared to Metrotube's UI.

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Mytube UI is better . You can search for different videos while watching the video or listening to music. And for me its better because I can listen to podcasts on YouTube ( vergecast,pocketnow,android central ) while browsing and doing other stuffs

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I still can't play videos via any of the youtube apps. Works fine on WIFI, but no luck on mobile network. Any help please?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb