I'm wondering if it's possible to make an app that will turn on cellular data automatically when the phone connects to Bluetooth. I've never made any app so I'm not sure if this can be done. I might make the app myself this summer (I'm a noob programmer :) ) if nobody else wants to make it, but all I need to know is if it's possible or not.
    02-25-2014 04:25 AM
    I doubt an app would get direct access to turn on and off system settings. The best you can do is show the systems settings screen.

There would also have to be notification at the SDK level and I don't know if a background app could access that event and if it could in real time. But those are just guesses.
    Dave Bhullar likes this.
    02-25-2014 05:40 AM
    somebody else had inquired similar kind of request like, two or more actions to be done parallel.
    the best solution for this is NFC Tags. u get one, and program it as u wants. NFC tags can be programmed to change multiple settings, or to start apps together.
    Dave Bhullar likes this.
    02-25-2014 11:27 PM
    somebody else had inquired similar kind of request like, two or more actions to be done parallel.
    the best solution for this is NFC Tags. u get one, and program it as u wants. NFC tags can be programmed to change multiple settings, or to start apps together.
    Yeah I think that's another way to do it, I'll look into that, thanks.
    02-26-2014 12:29 AM