can i download big MB's apps and games on computer and install later whenever i want?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
if you use mobile internet (2g/3g) then you have limit cap of 100MB from windows store , but if you browse and want to install them manually via computer then go on ;) you don't have such restriction(condition here is the application you will manually install should be linked/tied with your Microsoft id / in other terms it should have been in your purchase history)

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
i am going to use wifi on my laptop.
i just wants to save it on my sd card ... bcoz i dont wants to download everytime i wants to install something... specially games which are pretty big.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
i am going to use wifi on my laptop.
i just wants to save it on my sd card ... bcoz i dont wants to download everytime i wants to install something... specially games which are pretty big.

yes you can , just go to The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States)
login in with your same Microsoft id you used on your Lumia 720 , search your apps/games and if you scroll down to the last section of the page ;you will see an option download and install manually (left side) , it will start downloading the .xap file , which you can then cop it to memory card base directory , after doing so , just give your phone a restart , after 5-10 min open up the store and you will get a new option SD CARD (I never tried this since Lumia 920 does not support SD card ).

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
in fact, its a really good idea to do it that way.
its beneficial because, u can download files with download managers at better speed without interruption.
secondly, it requires less space. i mean to say, suppose an game of 700 MB, it requires downloading space of 700 MB, unpacking space of say 1200 MB, and installation space of say 800 MB.
if u download setup and copy to ur SD Card, the space for unpacking is also used from SD Card, and only setup space is utilised from Phone memory, so its very less chance of getting low space error.

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
i should ask for some money from nokia uses for this great idea .. hahahaah ( joke)
its good to save big apps n games on sd or ur laptop.

raj-lotus

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded almost all my favorites one, in total 2.45 GB
big ones are asphalt 8 airborne (840 mb) and six guns (445 mb)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism