OneDrive app album covers

o_k_boy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm using the new OneDrive app on my Lumia 920 and I'm not sure it's behaving properly in terms of the images it uses for folder 'album covers'.

If I go into the OneDrive app and create a new folder it shows up with a blank (blue) album cover image. If I upload a photo into the new folder, the album cover / thumbnail for the folder changes to this first photo. If I upload another photo to the folder, the album cover doesn't change - it still shows the first photo that I added to the folder rather than updating to the new one. If I then delete the first photo from the folder, it still shows that image as the album cover for the folder even though it is no longer in there.

This seems a bit odd - does anyone know if this is how the app is supposed to behave? Does it do the same thing for you?

Thanks

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm using the new OneDrive app on my Lumia 920 and I'm not sure it's behaving properly in terms of the images it uses for folder 'album covers'.

If I go into the OneDrive app and create a new folder it shows up with a blank (blue) album cover image. If I upload a photo into the new folder, the album cover / thumbnail for the folder changes to this first photo. If I upload another photo to the folder, the album cover doesn't change - it still shows the first photo that I added to the folder rather than updating to the new one. If I then delete the first photo from the folder, it still shows that image as the album cover for the folder even though it is no longer in there.

This seems a bit odd - does anyone know if this is how the app is supposed to behave? Does it do the same thing for you?

Thanks
Okay, first off, this is not the normal behavior of the OneDrive app. Of course, it could very well be a bug in the app, in which case, contact Microsoft. You'll also want to try and restart the app (that is, close the app, then restart it), or reboot the phone itself.
That will theoretically solve the problem by clearing the cache.

o_k_boy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay, first off, this is not the normal behavior of the OneDrive app. Of course, it could very well be a bug in the app, in which case, contact Microsoft. You'll also want to try and restart the app (that is, close the app, then restart it), or reboot the phone itself.
That will theoretically solve the problem by clearing the cache.

Hi WanderingTraveller,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried uninstalling the app, restarting the phone and then reinstalling it, which made the album cover update to the other photo. I then tried adding another photo to the folder and got the same problem - the album cover stays stuck on the same image even if I subsequently delete the photo.

Do you know what the best way to contact Microsoft about this issue is?

​Thanks

o_k_boy

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just in case anyone else is following this, I've had a reply from the Microsoft Community forum which has confirmed that this actually is the way app is supposed to behave and the only way of updating the thumbnails is to sign out of OneDrive and then sign back in again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster