How to get in contact with game developers

Constantin15

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Long story short: I have a great idea for a game. I don't know how to do it myself. Does anyone know where you can pitch ideas? Talk to developers.. Get famous, get money and chill like the WhatsApp owners? :D
Thanks!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Ideas are easily stolen so be careful you trust the person you talk to. If you really believe it really is a special idea - I.e. to the degree you are willing to give a lot of your life and all your existing money to it - then make the person you talk to sign an NDA before you talk to a company/investor.

Development is expensive so the best way is to fund it yourself, write it yourself (yes, you can learn), write it with friends (with a contract in place) or be an amazing salesman to some investors.

And yes, NDAs/contracts are vital when starting up a new venture, especially one that you want to grow into a lot of $. Easy up front to state you get X %, impossible later.

And if all this sounds heavy, then I'd enjoy doing something else.

weesals

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Its possible that someone would steal it, but most of the time, developers have their own ideas that they want to develop. It is very hard to find a decent developer, your best bet would be to find a way to summarize the core gameplay concept (I'm sure you can find an existing game that you can reference for similar gameplay), and give an indication as to what makes your idea unique and better suited to the market, then post that up here, on reddit, or on Gamedev.net.

If you try to protect your idea too much, you're going to find it harder to find an experienced developer. There are a lot of people who claim to have great ideas that turn out to be trash, you need a way to prove that your idea is worth it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2