03-05-2014 07:33 AM
62 123
tools
    Oh man. The app thing again. Over it. Pick your head up and do something real in life. Apps are destroying our youth.
    Guytronic likes this.
    03-04-2014 01:17 PM
    Oh man. The app thing again. Over it. Pick your head up and do something real in life. Apps are destroying our youth.
    Like posting annoying and useless comments in forums?

This is a real problem of Windows Phone. Just not talking about it won't help at all.
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-04-2014 02:31 PM
    Being arrogant about it won't help either. If you're not happy with the app situation, you can either wait for them to get released/get better, or buy an iPhone or an Android and move on.

This incessant complaining isn't helping anyone.
    Guytronic and AngrySprintUser like this.
    03-04-2014 02:43 PM
    Being arrogant about it won't help either. If you're not happy with the app situation, you can either wait for them to get released/get better, or buy an iPhone or an Android and move on.

This incessant complaining isn't helping anyone.
    I hope you never run into any problem with anything in your life, if your solution is running to something different. What a waste of resources and money. Also it certainly doesn't make you happy.

This isn't a flame war, it is a sober discussion about a problem of the platform. Nobody forced you to read it, nobody forced you to comment on it. If it annoys you, just ignore it. For other users it might help to share solutions for missing apps, to be reminded of how many apps were released in recent months, or just to share and talk about it.
    snowmutt likes this.
    03-04-2014 02:56 PM
    I offered solutions, they're just not what you like/want. If you don't have Intellicast, you can use Weather.com. If you don't have Strava, you can use Runtastic or Endomondo. Both of these are highly regarded, and they also have social aspects to them. But OP wants Strava, and the solution is to... use an iPhone or an Android device. This is not running away to something different, this is being a rational consumer. It's the opportunity cost to using a smartphone that isn't the leader in app availability; you get something (stability, fluidity, ease of use, good looks, etc.), and you lose something (a seemingly endless amount of apps, including the latest popular social network or whatever).

​Personally I really like and use VSCO Cam and Faded, two excellent photo editing apps for iOS. I have a Lumia 920, but I also have an iPad and I use these there. It's just what works for me. Not everyone wants to have two devices, so if getting an iPhone or an iPad in addition to your WP is not practical, then the only solution is to wait for them to appear for WP or to move to iOS.
    Chregu likes this.
    03-04-2014 03:21 PM
    I'm glad you've contacted the companies directly requesting apps from them. If EVERYONE did that, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. Regardless of the number of people saying that you are "what's wrong with WP8," it's actually the people who don't contact the companies who are part of the problem. At least you are trying to be a part of the solution.

That said, I understand your frustrations. I'd encourage you to hold out as long as you can, as the reward is potentially great. Without people like you who actually speak up (and not just in the forums) WP wouldn't have much of a shot at becoming one of the "big 3". MS can only do so much to advocate on our behalf if we're not there to back them up.
    03-04-2014 03:27 PM
    Like anyone, I'd love to see more apps for WP but it's not a deal-breaker for me. I guess I'm just not that into apps over the occasional use of a mobile website. Perhaps that's why I like my Surface Pro so much. Sometimes I use the app and sometimes I use the browser. I'm not suggesting everyone else has to have that perspective but I actually appreciate the fact that there's not an overwhelming number of apps to sift through in the store. I already have too many apps downloaded anyway. I remember when I first adopted WP I lamented hearing on the radio "download our El Adobe restaurant app on iPhone and Android." Why not WP, I thought? Now, with a bit more perspective, I'm glad I don't have an app for a local Mexican restaurant. To each his or her own.
    Edward_g and palandri like this.
    03-04-2014 03:59 PM
    Like posting annoying and useless comments in forums?

This is a real problem of Windows Phone. Just not talking about it won't help at all.
    Look man I'm not going to apologize for what I said because its the truth. Trust me, I'm sure MSFT is working on it. Stop being so Cray Cray.
    03-05-2014 02:56 AM
    Look man I'm not going to apologize for what I said because its the truth. Trust me, I'm sure MSFT is working on it. Stop being so Cray Cray.
    I had to look Cray Cray up. I think you should do the same: Urban Dictionary: cray cray

Why should I trust you, how can you know? It's highly likely they are working on providing more and better apps, they also announced future apps coming to WP, so nothing new there. What's your special insight?

And why is everybody always using the NASDAQ stock symbol of Microsoft? Is this the reason Bing is so terrible abroad because Microsoft is entirely USA focused and the users emphasize this by referring to Microsoft by an American stock exchange name?
    03-05-2014 03:19 AM
    I had to look Cray Cray up. I think you should do the same: Urban Dictionary: cray cray

Why should I trust you, how can you know? It's highly likely they are working on providing more and better apps, they also announced future apps coming to WP, so nothing new there. What's your special insight?

And why is everybody always using the NASDAQ stock symbol of Microsoft? Is this the reason Bing is so terrible abroad because Microsoft is entirely USA focused and the users emphasize this by referring to Microsoft by an American stock exchange name?
    03-05-2014 03:21 AM
    Oh man. Like I said, over it. This has been talked about so many times, but please continue..........
    03-05-2014 03:26 AM
    This has turned into a. "yes it is", "no it's not" thread and is no longer contributing anything of value to the community. Closed.
    Kavu2 and AngrySprintUser like this.
    03-05-2014 07:33 AM
62 123