Anybody tried this out yet? Even though I'm Mytube through and through i thought the least i could do was give it a go.
    My thoughts? Its nice , polished , straight to the point ... The only part of it I'm not too fond of is that it uses the built in media player which without the ability to skip/fastforward to wherever you want is pretty ****.
    The Dev has mentioned however that its possibly only for now so i reckon it'll be updated pretty soon ;-)

overall nice app!
    03-02-2014 03:30 PM
    In my opinion, the app looks really really nice. It comes close to the youtube design we had in the banned app!

I also don't like the player for the videos, hopefully the developer won't go the 'official route' anymore in the future! ;)

MyTube is simply extremely fast in comparison to ANY other YouTube app, it's even more fast than the official apps on Andorid or iOS.
    I really don't know whether Toib will ever be able to be this fast!

However, it is really great to see more great third party apps for YouTube coming to the store!
    03-02-2014 03:41 PM
    It looks closer to standard YouTube layout than the ModernUI layout of MetrTube and MyTube. Personally I much prefer the personalized WP experience.
    03-02-2014 04:33 PM
    Daniel mentioned that Google doesn't allow customized video players, if this is true then why are mytube etc... Not having any problems?

If Daniel can make a nice video player and the standard list of subscription uploads that every youtube app should have, than this might replace mytube on my phone :)
    03-02-2014 04:57 PM
    I tried the app..its beautifully laid out. Very reminiscent of his other work. But i don't like using the built in player. It takes away from the flow of the app. Breaks the immersion. On another note, can anyone of the popular Youtube apps upload videos to the service? I can't seem to find the option in either MyTube or MetroTube.

Sent from my Samsung ATIV S using Tapatalk
    03-02-2014 10:03 PM
    This is a very nice app. It is still in beta and it will be interesting to watch it mature. I've already made it my choice for YouTube app.
    03-02-2014 10:37 PM