One thing I dislike about Facebook Messenger

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It used to be that you could chat on Facebook in outlook.com and have it sync to the phone, so a conversation could go easily between the messaging hub in WP and the outlook.com webchat.
Now if using Facebook Messenger, that sync is gone. You have to use the full Facebook website (something I prefer not to do) if you want to webchat and sync it.
Maybe there weren't a lot of users like me, but I hope that when WP8.1 comes, they figure out how to keep the hub functionality even when Facebook Messenger is a standalone app. Or has MS given up on their integration idea (something which I think is a great differentiation for it with other phones) completely?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
this application is developed and programed by Facebook itself , where as when you compare both the native client on wp and this new messenger app , both use different code and different services , umm let me clear this in easy way , windows phone msg hub have Facebook chat integrated into os which does sync with outlook.com hub since they both are part of Microsoft , now this app is by Facebook , so I don't think they might get access to outlook.com , this is actually replacing the built in msg hub on wp8 (in 8.1 update ) , so you wont be able to sync those msgs on outlook.com after the most awaited update ;) , technically , I am very happy with the new app , it has more features , cross syncing of msgs on my ipad ,website and wp app.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, someone at MS must have read this thread and fixed it - a few minutes ago, it started working like it used to, where it syncs between the new Facebook Messenger WP8 app and outlook.com FB webchat. Woohoo. No more complaints! Maybe someone forgot to flip a switch somewhere until now...

The only odd thing is that one of the FB messages (only one) after it started syncing shows up in the native WP8 FB chat - even though I have had Facebook Chat turned off there since yesterday when I installed the app. I guess they have some tweaking to do still.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
this application is developed and programed by Facebook itself , where as when you compare both the native client on wp and this new messenger app , both use different code and different services , umm let me clear this in easy way , windows phone msg hub have Facebook chat integrated into os which does sync with outlook.com hub since they both are part of Microsoft , now this app is by Facebook , so I don't think they might get access to outlook.com , this is actually replacing the built in msg hub on wp8 (in 8.1 update ) , so you wont be able to sync those msgs on outlook.com after the most awaited update ;) , technically , I am very happy with the new app , it has more features , cross syncing of msgs on my ipad ,website and wp app.

Do you think they're removing facebook messaging baked into WP?
Personally, I tried the facebook messenger app and after some time I went back today to the baked in functionality.
Messaging via people hub sync'd better, in fb messenger replies do not show up timely, and fb messenger was eating the crap out of my battery life.
I hope they don't remove the baked in facebook functionality in the people hub.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you think they're removing facebook messaging baked into WP?
Personally, I tried the facebook messenger app and after some time I went back today to the baked in functionality.
Messaging via people hub sync'd better, in fb messenger replies do not show up timely, and fb messenger was eating the crap out of my battery life.
I hope they don't remove the baked in facebook functionality in the people hub.

Sadly they are removing Facebook :\

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise