Facebook App message notification can not be disabled?

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
So I started to use Facebook Messenger app, but I faced a problem with the Facebook App:
I turned off "Message" notifications via Facebook App > three lines button > Settings > Notifications to get notifications only from the Facebook Messenger app, but I'm still getting message notifications from the Facebook App.
Anyone else got this problem?

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't get a toast notification but I do still get a count on the live tile, which is kinda annoying because I don't know if its a notification or a message...
Btw are you using the beta app or the regular one?

constantinosmi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I had this problem for a few moments even after I had disabled notifications in the settings as you did. Then I opened the app again and enabled the notifications, exited the app and opened it again and then disabled the notifications once again. Now it is working. When you disable the notifications just press the done button once and then back out of the app. I hope it works for you.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't get a toast notification but I do still get a count on the live tile, which is kinda annoying because I don't know if its a notification or a message...
Btw are you using the beta app or the regular one?
Same here, I think only the number shows up on the tile I think. I'm using the regular Facebook app, I don't even see facebook beta app in store.

Well I had this problem for a few moments even after I had disabled notifications in the settings as you did. Then I opened the app again and enabled the notifications, exited the app and opened it again and then disabled the notifications once again. Now it is working. When you disable the notifications just press the done button once and then back out of the app. I hope it works for you.
I'll try this, thank you! :smile:

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
if u do not want it to be updated so regularly, just disable it from background task. then, it won't update and won't notify at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs