Awesome app needs a following!: Automatic

themkaufman

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I found this awesome app but as with many of the awesome apps the company has decided to leave it out of our ecosystem. Fortunately there seems to be quite a few people interested in a Windows Phone app on their forums currently. It really would be a great addition to WP as you can do so much with it. Check em out and maybe raise some noise to help get an app in development! I've listed some information below. Let's get something started!

Website: Automatic: An Auto Accessory to Make You a Smarter Driver
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/automatic
Petition for WP8 app: Petition Windows Phone 8 app to work with Automatic Link

themkaufman

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Really? I definitely thought this would be a hit with a lot of the members of our community. I mean, this is something that is completely new to the world of WP. We don't currently have any devices that are even similar to this, especially that offer this much functionality.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Really? I definitely thought this would be a hit with a lot of the members of our community. I mean, this is something that is completely new to the world of WP. We don't currently have any devices that are even similar to this, especially that offer this much functionality.
Probably because $99.95 is a steep price. I wouldn't buy this app or any other app that costs that much.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
https://www.automatic.com/order/

Does it support Windows phone?
This is a Windows phone forum ... I see only support for the other two platforms.

Ah wait a minute I see your petition to get the company to make a Windows app available.

The Ben Franklin price is too high for the majority IMO.

themkaufman

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
So you guys are telling me you wouldn't buy a pebble watch, treasure tag, NFC ring, or another device, wearable or not because its not a few dollars? In the end the devices are not about the apps, its about the device itself and the functionality it will bring to your life. 99 bucks is cheap for an obd reader. Go to a car parts store will charge well over a 100 dollars for the reader and it alone will costs over that, not to mention this device offers so much more functionality than just that.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So you guys are telling me you wouldn't buy a pebble watch, treasure tag, NFC ring, or another device, wearable or not because its not a few dollars? In the end the devices are not about the apps, its about the device itself and the functionality it will bring to your life. 99 bucks is cheap for an obd reader. Go to a car parts store will charge well over a 100 dollars for the reader and it alone will costs over that, not to mention this device offers so much more functionality than just that.
That's a niche product to begin with. I have no family members or friends who own obd readers. The average consumer doesn't do complex car repairs himself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa