Hi All,

So I am a big fan of All MS products, but having iPads in the past (now Surface RT and L920) I find Skype to just not cut it.
    My family all have iPads and Windows phones but Facetime is the way they all communicate not Skype. We like to Video call, and I find the Speed and quality better via FaceTime than Skype. I always argue Facetime only deals with Apple products so its fine tuned to run better where as Skype has so many different devices it supports it cannot be perfect but I still feel its not good enough. I also have Big issues with missed Skype calls (they don't seem to go to my phone and my RT is online and its always slow to connect). I know its not a broadband issue as I have 30MB optical line.

So my question,Does anyone else agree? Do you have the same issues? Im fairly new to using Skype lots so cannot compare if its improved drastically over the years or if its always been middle of the road quality.

I just wish MS put some real effort into improving the surface so it can replace Facetime/ /WhatsApp etc...
    03-13-2014 07:28 AM
    You miss calls with Skype??
    03-13-2014 08:06 AM
    Ive never had an issue with Skype - it works just fine on all of my devices, PC, Phone, Tablet. If Im logged in, I never miss a call, but for the most part, I know when someone is going to Skype with me. I don't just video call people like I would call them.
    03-13-2014 08:18 AM
    Yep, I basically get home and am told the Surface RT was ringing.. Then launch Skype on my phone and it then shows missed calls. But nothing comes up on my mobile.. Sometimes I don't get them on my Surface RT either but usually its the phone that's not getting the connection.. 75% of the day im on WiFi too so its not like I don't have a steady signal.
    03-13-2014 08:31 AM
    Facetime is MUCH better for what it does. But Skype is available on more devices than just a phone or tablet. So Skype is versatile. If you are patient enough, Skype experience will be promisingly good soon. But if you don't wont to wait, Facetime is really good on iPhones.
    03-13-2014 03:13 PM