Anyone else disappointed with the Crunchyroll app?

LyokoNinja

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4 before I got my Lumia 1020, and (aside from resolution) the app on iOS has one major feature the WP version is missing - search by season aired. It returns all the series that Crunchyroll licensed that aired in the winter, spring, summer, or fall of the year you specify.

It also lets you search by genre and returns all series that are categorized on the website in that genre. By comparison, the WP version just searches for the genres you select as keywords to look for in series description.

If you know the name of a series, the search works fine. But you're better off browsing the catalog on Crunchyroll's mobile site and then searching for any series that interest you in the app than looking for series using the app alone.

Video playback works fine for me, it just that looking up series is presented badly.

LyokoNinja

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
It's a streaming website for anime series, except instead of just licensing existing series, it also licenses series currently airing on TV in Japan for streaming in regions across the world so fans can be up to date on series legally. Kinda like Netflix, but almost exclusively for subtitled anime. There are a few dubbed titles on there as well, and they did stream Rooster Teeth's RWBY for some reason.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a streaming website for anime series, except instead of just licensing existing series, it also licenses series currently airing on TV in Japan for streaming in regions across the world so fans can be up to date on series legally. Kinda like Netflix, but almost exclusively for subtitled anime. There are a few dubbed titles on there as well, and they did stream Rooster Teeth's RWBY for some reason.
Ahh, that explains why I never heard of it. I have never watched any anime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon