Worries of Using 3rd Party Apps

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So I've been using the official Instagram BETA app and while I am not having a terrible experience, there are some core features, and subtle ones that I miss not having, such as video upload.

I've been hesitant to use 6tag because I've heard of Instagram banning people not using official apps in the past on Windows Phone (like early last year, I believe it was). And I have worked too hard to maintain my personal account, and I manage a few accounts for very large communities, and wouldn't want to ruin their accounts because I used a 3rd party app and got banned.

What is the likelihood of this sort of banning spree happening again in the future by Instagram? Is 6tag guaranteed to be safe from Instagram dropping the hammer in order to force people to use their own app? Or will they be human and give people a chance...or maybe even make their own app good in a timely manner?

What do you guys think?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Instagram may or may not block other third party apps in the future - we have no way of knowing. But it is doubtful that they will block 6Tag. Rudy had introduced an app (I forget the name), and Instagram blocked it, then he contacted them and worked with them, with them giving final approval before he published. The name change was part of that approval. In life, there are no guarantees, however. I'd call this one a safe bet, but in the long run, it's just a bet with good odds.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was thinking. I do remember Rudy working with Instagram to make sure his app would meet their demands, but after introducing features that Instagram does not currently support, as well as a way to remove ads, it feels like he might be testing Instagram's patience. I love 6tag and would rather use it over the official app at the moment, but I don't want to risk anything, either, even if that risk is minimal. I just have too many accounts that are too important to me and those I work for that can't afford to lose any accounts.

Hopefully the Instagram official app gets an update to use videos relatively soon.

NYRbeezer

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Instagram may or may not block other third party apps in the future - we have no way of knowing. But it is doubtful that they will block 6Tag. Rudy had introduced an app (I forget the name), and Instagram blocked it, then he contacted them and worked with them, with them giving final approval before he published. The name change was part of that approval. In life, there are no guarantees, however. I'd call this one a safe bet, but in the long run, it's just a bet with good odds.

You will have egg on your face in about 5 weeks.....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You will have egg on your face in about 5 weeks.....
No. Even if it happens, I offered no guarantee, wise guy. There are no guarantees in this business. Anyone who thinks there is will figure out otherwise in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750