No notifications with 6snap

Stephen Quinn

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
As the title says, no idea what's going on. Im having to open the app several times a day to see if I have any snaps waiting.

How can I fix it?

PxuLL

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Push notifications are not instant on Windows Phone it may be fixed in 8.1 but doubt it gonna make the switch to Android soon :p

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Push notifications are not instant on Windows Phone it may be fixed in 8.1 but doubt it gonna make the switch to Android soon :p
Push notifications are instant on Windows Phone. The problem is that 6snap can not register itself to the snapchat push service (not entirely sure if it's a technical issue because its a third party app or simply because Rudy Huyn would have to set up his own push service datacenter) so instead it uses a background agent to regularly check the snapchat servers for new snaps. The lowest interval on which background agents are allowed to run is 30 minute so that's why you only get notified of new snaps every half hour.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
put it as a live tile and enable the background agent.
if you want notifications every 30min of new snaps then enable it in settings.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
With WP8.1, there will be an option to allow the live tile to update at a more frequent interval than the current 30 minutes. This may help to alleviate some of the headache, though we'll see what affect this has on battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre