02-03-2015 02:30 PM
28 12
tools
    Lumia Play To is my current DLNA streamer . It can stream all my videos , photos and music to my XBMC setup in my Raspberry Pi . Also MoliPlayer supports DLNA playback !
    Are you sure Moliplayer can do DLNA playback? I've got the trial version on my phone and it can only share screen to the web (sina Weibo and weChat), not to local stuff via DLNA. Or does the paid-for version allow that? I can't see anywhere in the web or docs that it does, and I don't really want to splash cash for something that doesn't do what I need it to.

Something equivalent to Lumia Play is what I'm looking for, but my phone is an HTC 8x and so I can't get LP (and if I use Fiddler to spoof it and side-load it I can get it onto my phone, but it doesn't run properly).
    12-28-2014 05:43 AM
    Are you sure Moliplayer can do DLNA playback? I've got the trial version on my phone and it can only share screen to the web (sina Weibo and weChat), not to local stuff via DLNA. Or does the paid-for version allow that? I can't see anywhere in the web or docs that it does, and I don't really want to splash cash for something that doesn't do what I need it to.

Something equivalent to Lumia Play is what I'm looking for, but my phone is an HTC 8x and so I can't get LP (and if I use Fiddler to spoof it and side-load it I can get it onto my phone, but it doesn't run properly).

I don't know why he brought up moliplayer, I'm fairly certain it is only a dlna browser and renderer.
    12-28-2014 07:22 AM
    Well totally out of the blue, my phone has decided it does like me after all (or someone somewhere does) and my phone has just updated itself to WP 8.1 :) So I just gave AV Remote a try again, and it now sees the videos on the phone fine and plays them out to my test renderer (my Pi via DLNA in this case).

So I'm now a happy bunny to be finally on 8.1. Ok, so the next stage is Win10, but at least this one now does what I want anyway.
    link68759 likes this.
    02-03-2015 02:30 PM
28 12