Nokia MixRadio - what do you think?

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
So I went trough many apps to stream music, SoundCloud apps and Spotify were the main ones but SoundCloud is useless and you need premium account to use Spotify on WP ( and kinda usless too ). I started using Nokia MixRadio and I am very happy with it! Does everyone agree its the best music streaming app on Nokia or do you know any better ones?

Let me know.
Ana

liam-ward

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
So I went trough many apps to stream music, SoundCloud apps and Spotify were the main ones but SoundCloud is useless and you need premium account to use Spotify on WP ( and kinda usless too ). I started using Nokia MixRadio and I am very happy with it! Does everyone agree its the best music streaming app on Nokia or do you know any better ones?

Let me know.
Ana

I love it and it is my main source of music. I have four mixes for offline use and i refresh them every couple of days.

Chhering Paljor

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
i have a query regarding the music downloaded via nokia mix radio. The file sizes of these music files is very small about 1.5 mb which in a normal mp3 file is usually 3mb. now when i try to play these files via winamp, they dont play. whereas in windows media player they play just fine. why is this so? I like to play most of my music on my pc using winamp, so find it a bit of a hassle to play such files using WMP or VLC, MPC etc. Is there any way i can play them on winamp itself?

Regards

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I've switched back and forth between this and Pandora. I do not have a Spotify account either...

I've had two *major problems with Nokia MixRadio.

1) While connected to WiFi, and have 'offline' turned off, it's played the same order of songs back to back over a period of a few days. For instance on Day 1 it would play song A, B and C. Day 2, without opening it previously, it would start on song A and then play B and C.

2) I started a mix with three bands that it found the cover art for (meaning it should know this bands genre, sound alikes, etc). It will regularly play some weird bands that are no where in the scope of what I'm playing. For instance, I've picked 3 metal bands and regularly hear different Jamaican style bands.

Other than that, I love the fact it's free and you can create your own mix!

tobolino

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

i have recognized certain issues with the Nokia MixRadio app since upgrading to Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers.
I use the app as my main music app (not just streaming or mixes), because i'm still not happy with the XBOX music hub. But since the upgrade for that certain usage the MixRadio app seems to struggle right now as it takes an unusual large amount of time to open the library of my locally stored music files.

Is this circumstance due to the upgrade or are any others of you (not upgraded) experiencing similar problems?

Regards and great thanks for replies

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here, takes 30sec to open my library which is stored on my SD card. It's the same everytime I open the app...

tobolino

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here, takes 30sec to open my library which is stored on my SD card. It's the same everytime I open the app...

My music is also stored on my SD card. But before updating to 8.1 I could not recognize the mentioned problem. Already tried to install the app on SD card and copying my music to internal storage, but the problem still remains...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I absolutely love Nokia MixRadio! I use this app all the time on my 925 whenever I want to listen to music when I'm out. I didn't want to install music on the phone since it's only 16GB, but this app fills my need for music 100%. I also have iHeartRadio, Pandora and Rockradio.com installed, but I have yet to use any of those other apps on my 925 yet; that's how much I love MixRadio!

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Comparatively, it seems to play a better mix of music than Pandora. I like the offline mix option, too. So I can download some Black Dahlia Murder mix for work, since i have no reception there. (I'm a butcher, and work in a cooler all day.)

PBLNS

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know whats going to happen to Nokia MixRadio after the Microsoft / Nokia deal its completly done??? I love this app.... It knows my music taste better than I do hehehehe

io_dal

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I also really love this app. Used to use it on and off but recently find myself using it daily. Love the Play Me mix but I have a question if someone can help. If your listening to an artist mix and click on the thumbs up or thumbs down button, does that data contribute to that artist mix or does it help personalise your Play Me mix? Of corse the thumbs up/down on the Play Me mix helps improve your own personal mix but not too sure on what it helps with when clicking it on an artist mix?

io_dal

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeh your right, just tweeted them. In case anyone wants to know the thumbs up/down only helps your Play Me profile even if doing it on an artist mix

trev81uk

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Although it does have its faults, I love MixRadio, the ability to download mixes that I can then play in the car or out for a walk is invaluable to me. Yes it takes a while to load and sometimes for some strange reason it stops playing any songs during a shuffle playlist, but apart from that it's the best one I've tried so far!

Bryan Lamb

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I've switched back and forth between this and Pandora. I do not have a Spotify account either...

I've had two *major problems with Nokia MixRadio.

1) While connected to WiFi, and have 'offline' turned off, it's played the same order of songs back to back over a period of a few days. For instance on Day 1 it would play song A, B and C. Day 2, without opening it previously, it would start on song A and then play B and C.

2) I started a mix with three bands that it found the cover art for (meaning it should know this bands genre, sound alikes, etc). It will regularly play some weird bands that are no where in the scope of what I'm playing. For instance, I've picked 3 metal bands and regularly hear different Jamaican style bands.

Other than that, I love the fact it's free and you can create your own mix!

I have the same problem with the recurring songs in the same order from time to time. I actually tried Pandora again the other day because of it... Has anyone else seen this?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
It stopped playing Xbox music after it got changed to MixRadio. Nokia music used to play them just fine :(. Oh and it struggles with playing local music non-xbox drm as well. It stutters and stuff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786