Greetings,
    I've had both knees replaced and must walk daily. I'm now up to over about 2 miles a day. I've tried several apps to record and map my hikes. However, anytime I take a photo, make or accept a call, or listen to music, the apps stop and fail to record the walk. So, the question for you Lumia users, is there an app that will continue to work in the background and allow me to use the phone's features?
    04-10-2014 08:12 AM
    Hope you are felling much better today
    You can try bing health and fitness or endomondo , both are excellent. This is a common issue since GPS relays on your phone signal , when you receive or place a phone call , your phone will lose the gps tracing and will focus on making call (someone point me out if I am wrong ). Same goes for mobile internet , if someone calls me it takes 15 sec aprox. For reconnect. So yes the gps will pause after a call and will try to reconnect.
    Take care mate
    04-10-2014 08:30 AM
    I used Endomondo just yesterday to take a walk. During the walk, I listened to music, somebody called me and then I called him back. During that whole time, Endomondo sat in the background and accurately monitored me. It is my go-to app for this.
    04-10-2014 09:04 AM
    I used Endomondo just yesterday to take a walk. During the walk, I listened to music, somebody called me and then I called him back. During that whole time, Endomondo sat in the background and accurately monitored me. It is my go-to app for this.
    I always loose my track when using here drives (when on a call)
    04-10-2014 09:19 AM
    +1 for Endomondo. I use this app for running and cycling. It also has a feature that allows other Endomondo users (that you authorize) to track your location in real time. This feature is very useful when my wife runs marathons. We know exactly where she is and we can be there to cheer her on. She can also check my location when I go on long bike rides.
    04-10-2014 10:02 AM
    +1 on the Endomondo. It is my go-to app as well for when I am biking or hiking.

Hope your knees get to feeling better.
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    04-10-2014 10:10 AM