Problem with Here Maps - Error Installing Please try again

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Two days ago I went to use Here Maps (Nokia 928 Verizo), and every time when I launched from the Live Tile it the screen would go dark for a few seconds then just return to the Start Screen. I uninstalled the app and tried to reinstall.

After trying to install I get the error ATTENTION REQUIRED. TAP HERE.

There's a problem installing the item. Tap and hold the item, then tap Retry.

I have tried to do a soft reset, tried on Wifi, and tried over cellular and nothing can resolve the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you instal the developer preview?

Go to settings, instal some other language keyboard, after the download and installation you can put the US keyboard back. Then try to instal Here Drive again.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Did you instal the developer preview?

Go to settings, instal some other language keyboard, after the download and installation you can put the US keyboard back. Then try to instal Here Drive again.

Sorry, I am not following. I did install the Preview for Developers but that was in preparation for WP 8.1. I do not recall installing anything for Here Maps. Should I install another keyboard and remove the original one? I did try installing another keyboard but did not remove the US English Keyboard and still got the same error when trying to install Here Maps. Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ive read about a problem when installing developer preview and the .115 update, something does not complete and messes up with apps installed. Installing different keyboard (system downloads the installation files), supposedly fixes this and the previous update is completed. You changed the keyboard and then checked for updates so it downloaded the files related to that?

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Does it happen when installing all sorts of apps? Try unlinking and relinking your Microsoft Account. Then, if that doesn't work, delete temp files. That's how I fixed my problem once. That's after I rebooted.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Ive read about it only, but basically something does not complete with the .115 update installation. Changing the keyboard makes the system download new updates (language files I guess?) which also completes the previous messed up update.

I dont know if that the case here, but its definitely worth trying. OP, did you do the update after the keyboard change?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo