Best News App

bkeran

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have Weave, Collector, Bing News, RSS Reader
Weave pros : Reading articles through RSS is awesome
Weave cons : Welcome screen design is mediocre. Everything else is awesome.
RSS Reader pros : Reading articles through RSS is awesome
RSS cons : Welcome screen design is awful.
Collector pros : Welcome screen design is spectacular. Comparable to flipboard.
Collector cons : NO RSS reader. Takes you to website instead
Bing News pros : Pretty good start screen. Finds good sources if you search them.
Bing News cons : NO RSS reader. Takes you to website instead

So guys, what do you recommend? Is there any better one out there that has a spectacular welcome screen design, and actually reads in RSS instead of taking you to web page?

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I use Weave. It syncs across all of my devices. If I read articles on my phone, they are marked as read on my laptop and tablet and vice versa. If I add a new category or RSS feed to one device it automatically shows up on all my others.

bkeran

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Here's an update...
Why I'm not using Cortana News: When clicking on news link it brings you to website instead of allowing you to read it through RSS
Why I'm not using Magnify Beta: Way too laggy it seems. It's a nice effort, but doesn't seem optimized enough.
Why I'm not using Collector: Although the interface is sexy, once you enter the reader it is cluttered and a complete mess!
Why I don't use Next Gen Reader: The main page is too simplified and verbal for me. The best feature in windows phone is showing me what's new in the form of tiles with pictures, but Next Gen Reader reverts back to android-style.

Currently I'm using Bing News because the interface is pretty well made (Although not the best). Also, the reader for the main news (Breaking, Technology, Opinion, etc) is optimized for windows phone, so it's not a cluttered mess.
The negative side of Bing News is that it the interface doesn't reveal every news to you immediately. You have to swipe to different sections in order to read your customized news.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes