Good eBook reader

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am looking for a good eBook reader for Windows phone. Preferably something similar to iOS iBooks. I have downloaded a couple of readers from the store but they all seem to fall short on something. First I tried Tucan reader and its text formatting is abysmal, then I tried Legimi, which is much better though I kinda wish it had a sepia background, it's either too bright or too dark. All that said what I'm really looking for is a reader that has a built in dictionary,a simple English to English one will suffice, also it would be great if it has the page flip animation of iBooks add it feels more natural and gives you the feeling of reading a book rather than a long article 😉

unshavengarvit

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Try coffee reader.It has .mobi,epub file support and can also read files from SD card.And I can confirm that it has a sepia background option available.

ampelus

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Grouping

That's what I'm after. Like the OP, I want an iBooks experience here, but as a comic book reader my must-have is the ability to group books easily and keep them in separate "containers."

All of my comics were PDFs because iBooks could handle that just fine. Because the WP PDF readers are meant for a small handful of business documents and not hundreds of books, I've converted them all to ePubs. To make groups, I'm currently relegated to changing the genre to a series name, but this isn't a real solution.

Are there any eBook readers (any format, I'll convert the files) that allow you to make groupings of books easily? Hopefully, if there is, it isn't one of the ugly, Android-looking ones...

Thanks in advance!

ampelus

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Fiction Book Reader, I've found, is the best solution for those wanting a good-looking, customizable experience. You can access SD cards and OneDrive, as well as create custom groupings, all in a style that's made too look like WP OS, not something ugly like Kindle, or those Android-looking apps.

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Fiction Book Reader, I've found, is the best solution for those wanting a good-looking, customizable experience. You can access SD cards and OneDrive, as well as create custom groupings, all in a style that's made too look like WP OS, not something ugly like Kindle, or those Android-looking apps.

Tried fiction book reader, did not like the way you flip pages. It needs a full swipe from side to side to get to the next page. Sometimes even if you miss the screen edge by a fraction, your swipe won't register. Would probably consider it if they fixed that.

shrinivasan p

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Tried fiction book reader, did not like the way you flip pages. It needs a full swipe from side to side to get to the next page. Sometimes even if you miss the screen edge by a fraction, your swipe won't register. Would probably consider it if they fixed that.
No, you just have to tap the border on either side to go backwards or forward.
Regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon