Viber randomly added me to an unknown group - (mixed contacts and unknown people)

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I just opened viber right now and surprisingly, I saw a new group in my conversations. Pretty sure I wasn't drunk texting because I was never drunk in the first place. LOL. So, I checked the participants and it's a mix of my contacts and unknown people and numbers. Has anyone else encountered this before?

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've left the group. The odd thing is that the participants are a mix of my contacts and unknown people and there was no message at all. And this happened right after you/Viber sent the happy easter sticker message. If that message was sent to a bunch of viber users as a group causing them to be automatically added to a group conversation, isn't viber unknowingly exposing accounts to other users?

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
We appreciate your concern, but Viber highly values your privacy. It is not possible for Viber to create group conversations or add you to any existing conversations.

Whoever added you to the group is likely connected to the users whose phone numbers you didn't recognize.

askjesshow

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 but can't get the option to leave group in the settings or when I swipe left from the settings.
Is there something different I can do?

Elsa Vicky Sumcad

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Just now- I started a group message to a couple friends and they said there's an Ivan Cardenas with the group. I don't know him nor he is in my contacts. I don't see his name on my side of viber chat? What's going on?

nisreendb

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
We appreciate your concern, but Viber highly values your privacy. It is not possible for Viber to create group conversations or add you to any existing conversations.

Whoever added you to the group is likely connected to the users whose phone numbers you didn't recognize.

rlopez05

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
That is exacly what appended to me, i found my self in a group without asking me if i wanted to participate and all my contacts from my job, friends and University people meet each other on that group wich i neever createded

Nhan_SJ

Feb 8, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem. I talked to the person whom thought she created a unknown group but she had no idea. Whatever messages btw group, not showed on her phone. I went back to the group and her number is not there in the group, how was that possible???To Viber team, you guys should check on this issue, I believed viber got hacked

123artan

May 5, 2018
Visit site
when i got backd up my viber, it appear a group chat, with someone that i talked , it doesnt show his name but just group only you are participant ?

jojo webmail

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site
Yeah I've left the group. The odd thing is that the participants are a mix of my contacts and unknown people and there was no message at all. And this happened right after you/Viber sent the happy easter sticker message. If that message was sent to a bunch of viber users as a group causing them to be automatically added to a group conversation, isn't viber unknowingly exposing accounts to other users?

i think i know the reason... someone u know probably tried to broadcast a message , but created a chat group instead. everyone in the group can now see your contacts. i did that recently, it was embarrassing, hoped there was a way to undo it at that time. :evil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett