I'm just wondering if there is anything out there. I'm on the verge to switching over to Android, although I want to stay with my W8 phone... these podcast apps are killing me :(

Here is a small list of apps that are NOT working for me:
    I have tried the built in Podcast app in both "xbox music" and the developer preview in 8.1, but neither of theme do I like (I have since refreshed back to W8.0 because of some small issues).
    Podcast Critter is nice, if only it would work for me.
    Podcast2go, I like it but it doesn't support paid/subscription based podcast
    I didn't like iPodcast
    Podcast Lounge doesn't support paid/subscrition based podcast?
    04-19-2014 10:44 PM
    Would hate to lose anyone over podcasts. I love podcasts- most of my memory is taken up by them. Need a little more information so we can really understand what you are missing.

You state you like Podcast Critter, but only if it would work for you. Do you mean it crashes, or that it is missing some features?
    What exact functions/tools do you want from a podcast app? Just paid podcast support?

What do you not like about the native XBOX Music podcast player or iPodcast?

Hope we can help.
    04-19-2014 11:58 PM
    I need a paid/subscription support, and really prefer a easy to use/navigate layout, especially considering I listen to podcast in my car (1 hour drive to work).

iPodcast is "difficult" to manage imho
    Critter will not update to all new feeds each day, only the latest feed. For example, some shows have 'hour 1', 'hour 2', 'hour 3', but the subscription will only show hour 3; I'm not sure how this would happen.

I'm currently trying out Podcast Picker, and so far its good. I will see how it works out next week... "real world testing"
    04-20-2014 02:21 AM
    Podcast Picker's playlist doesn't work correctly... kind of bummed out.
    I really want to stick with my Windows Phone, but I keep thinking about Andriod more often. Goodness sake, does anyone know why it is so difficult to achieve a decent podcast app?
    04-23-2014 05:56 PM