krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
That would take a lot. AFAIK, Windows Phone does not support secure elements in its code at all. That would have to be supported first. Then the software for it would have to be written from scratch.
I'm also not sure if the current market would support that idea, because of the share of WP vs. Android.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it, I'm just saying it would take a ton of work from Redmond to make it happen.

(Note: I do work for AT&T, but my statements are my own.)

Sent from my Satellite E55t-A using Tapatalk

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
idea is good. a similar kind of thing, is introduced in India by way of Airtel Money. but it's not for payment through NFC. it's just having a bunch of online services which can be paid through e-payments.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
@krisguy I'm sure WP does support secure elements (especially in WP8.1, as their is a setting for NFC Tap to Pay); It's just that the secure element has to be part of the sim card (if only the operators got their act together). Does iPhone even support secure elements seeing as they don't even have NFC? Yet, there is an app for it.

Also, the marketshare for WP may not be as high as the others, but I bet it's higher than iPhones with an ISIS ready case?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos