Podcast app with "chapters" support

tewmgd

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have a subscription to the digital edition of The Economist. The subscription includes a weekly podcast containing all the articles of the current issue. (see here The Economist in audio | The Economist).

I was able with a special url to subscribe to the podcast but the file is seen by the WP 8.1 app as one big audio file of several hours. It's not ideal to pick an article. On an iPhone I can see all the sections/articles individually.

I was wondering if someone knows an app supporting "chapters" in audio file?

Thanks for the help!

Matthieu

nongfu

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to drag this up again if there is an answer to this or another workaround anyone knows of? I'm facing exactly the same issue with The Economist at the moment.

Thank you!
-nongfu

tewmgd

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
yes I found an app supporting the chapters in The Economist: Podcast Picker. Just one warning when opening an episode the first time the chapters are not displayed. You need to exit the episode page and come back.

nongfu

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the response! I've searched the store but unfortunately it doesn't yield any results. Also checked the online store at windowsphone.com in different regions without much luck. Do you still have a direct link to the app? Other than that the only explanation I see is that it has been delisted which would be very unfortunate..

nongfu

May 31, 2013
Visit site
My bad, couldn't find it as I was searching for "The Economist - podcast picker"..
Thanks for the name, will give it a shot! :)

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Podcast+ pro has support for custom login details. Check if that works for you.

But I don't know about chapters. Can you verify that?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99