Whatsapp notification problem

Eral Ocal

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
These same problems have started couple of days ago. And i thought it was not even global till i visit this site. And i have got additional error. Well, when this notification problems started i simply thought if i reinstall whatsapp these little bugs would be gone. And now i still have notification problem also my htc8x doesn't play any alert sound when i receive message. And i can't change app sound because it's not at the "manage app sounds list".

Last edited:

Vineet Koul

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Even I'm getting same problem. The messages show up only when u go to the chat screen. in other words i don't get whatsapp notifications. Hope to get an update soon.

Daniel de Pontes

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Here in Brazil I'm facing de same problem since saturday... But I updated to 8.1 soon as arrived, and until this week everything was working just fine :cry:

Lumia 925

Iron Mew

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I updated my 520 to 8.1 and I'm having the same problem with Whatsapp. This would not be an insurmountable problem because all of my Whatsapp contacts are on Facebook as well; however, it seems I can't get push notifications on Facebook's Messenger app either. It doesn't show under "notifications+actions", and I have to manually refresh the message list inside the app to get new messages. I set it on the lock screen and it is allowed in background in battery saver.

Are push notifications broken on Messenger as well, or am I doing something wrong? This is the first time I use the Messenger app for WP, so I may well have forgotten to set something up.

Edit: I should mention I don't have the official Facebook app installed - I access the site itself through the mobile version on the browser as it's faster.

Last edited:

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, same problem here. Notifications are missing and battery is draining fast. Yesterday I received a notification from WhatsApp saying something like push notifications were not working properly and recommended to restart the phone. As you guess, didn't worked. Hope Microsoft and/or WhatsApp solve this issue soon...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

gonzo0815

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
This is the same behaviour I recognized a few days ago. First I got no notification and was not even able to select WhatsApp in the settings to change the alert. Then 2 days ago all was there and all was OK.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I faced too much problems on 8.1, battery drain, lag, whatsapp delay...
Whatsapp drained all battery on 8.1 and dint even gave notification.
i downgraded to 8, all seems to fixed.
Cant face delay in whatsapp.

Most important to note,
Whatsapp wont update for 8.1, currently. As just 3% users opted for 8.1 PDP!

Downgrade and be relaxed! Let Developers play with 8.1 PDP!!

over 1m downloaded wp8.1Preview you said 3%?

Gal Avraham

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
i got the same problem with WP 8.1 on my ativ s.
i contacted them.
im waiting a few days, but there is no answer from whatsapp support team.
it's so frustrating that such a huge application wont support millions of users around the world.
we are waiting too much time..
Please flood them with messages of this problem, contact them. we want whatsapp to work properly(and i didnt even start talking about the other bugs and features they are missing on WP, but this subject is for another time).

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
i got the same problem with WP 8.1 on my ativ s.
i contacted them.
im waiting a few days, but there is no answer from whatsapp support team.
it's so frustrating that such a huge application wont support millions of users around the world.
we are waiting too much time..
Please flood them with messages of this problem, contact them. we want whatsapp to work properly(and i didnt even start talking about the other bugs and features they are missing on WP, but this subject is for another time).

They wont change anything if you said 0 messages or 100000000 messages. You'll just be wasting your time and notifications seem to working fine today anyway

Gal Avraham

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
They wont change anything if you said 0 messages or 100000000 messages. You'll just be wasting your time and notifications seem to working fine today anyway

not for me.
it wont be such a huge effort if every person here sends a message to them. is is better to do nothing and get frustrated. we need to do something, or even try to - as i said - not a huge effort.
here is the whatsapp support email:

support@whatsapp.com

Erick Rmz

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Today apparently my toast notifications are fine... Battery life seems back to normality (if 3% per hour can be called normal behavior :/ ) soon to say the problem is fixed, but let's see for the next days...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problem with Whatsapp notifications as well on my 1020. If this persists when 8.1 goes on general release then its a deal breaker for me. All my friend and family use Whatsapp.

In the meantime I'm buying a Moto G to tide me over.

Get it together. Whatsapp and MSFT.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb