Chronos Calendar question

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey there! I wonder if it's possible to add Chronos Calendar's events/meetings/other notes to WP's internal calendar at the same time? The reason why I'm asking that is that I want to have these meetings in my lock screen and Chronos calendar itself doesn't support that feature. I don't want to use WP's internal calendar however since its livetile is so boring and I like Chronos' UI much more.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey there! I wonder if it's possible to add Chronos Calendar's events/meetings/other notes to WP's internal calendar at the same time? The reason why I'm asking that is that I want to have these meetings in my lock screen and Chronos calendar itself doesn't support that feature. I don't want to use WP's internal calendar however since its livetile is so boring and I like Chronos' UI much more.

what i do is i link my chronos with my internal calendar and then create everything in my internal calendar, then when chronos syncs i have it on live tile and i have it lockscreen cause internal calendar is pinned there. alternatively if this doesn't work for you and noone has an answer, I suggest contacting the dev over facebook, he is very responsive and very helpful

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
what i do is i link my chronos with my internal calendar and then create everything in my internal calendar, then when chronos syncs i have it on live tile and i have it lockscreen cause internal calendar is pinned there. alternatively if this doesn't work for you and noone has an answer, I suggest contacting the dev over facebook, he is very responsive and very helpful

Thanks for your reply. Your solution seems to be working but with that solution one has to have internal calendar also pinned to startscreen and it doesn't seem practical enough to me.

Who is the developer? Windows Phone store says it is Chronosphere but Facebook didn't find anything named after that. There is Chrono Calendars, though but it seems to be totally different and has nothing to do with the WP's Chronos Calendar.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Your solution seems to be working but with that solution one has to have internal calendar also pinned to startscreen and it doesn't seem practical enough to me.

Who is the developer? Windows Phone store says it is Chronosphere but Facebook didn't find anything named after that. There is Chrono Calendars, though but it seems to be totally different and has nothing to do with the WP's Chronos Calendar.
you can either pin a very small icon, or i just swipe right tap a letter and go to C (i know lengthy). In Chronos settings there is a feedback section which mentions the facebook page

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
you can either pin a very small icon, or i just swipe right tap a letter and go to C (i know lengthy). In Chronos settings there is a feedback section which mentions the facebook page

I just found it myself from the app :D Thank you anyway. Facebook search doesn't find it with name 'Chronos' even though it is there with that name >_>

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I just found it myself from the app :D Thank you anyway. Facebook search doesn't find it with name 'Chronos' even though it is there with that name >_>
the dev s also working on an update at the moment, as far as i know what you are trying to do directly is currently not possible due to API limitations, but might be possible in 8.1, but I could be wrong on that

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
the dev s also working on an update at the moment, as far as i know what you are trying to do directly is currently not possible due to API limitations, but might be possible in 8.1, but I could be wrong on that

I was expecting that it wouldnt' be possible due to API limitations. What a shame. I just asked the developer if it could be possible to get lock screen support to Chronos so it would solve the issue.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I did get an answer like this: "Hi Kimi, maybe one suggestion is that if you enable the 'Windows Phone Calendar' in the sync section and use the 'NEW APPOINTMENT' from the mini menu (the clock) then the event should get saved to the built-in and the lockscreen should work. The limitation here is that it's only read/create you can't edit them but if you sync with a microsoft account or google account then you could enable sync modules 2 or 3 then you should be able to edit them too and the lockscreen should work if you see those events in the built-in calendar. Try that."

The solution seems to be working and is rather decent but he didn't answer my question about Chronos' own native lock screen support. I will try to get an answer for that as well.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
He did answer now concerning about Chronos' lock screen support and he said that he is really busy at the moment and he cannot promise that feature in the near future. I hope he can implement in eventually. Until then I have to stick with the developer's solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb