When I try to record a video using Nokia Camera, even though it shows "Saving..." at the top of the screen, sometimes it simply doesn't save the video to my phone. I can't find it in Camera Roll.

I'll try and see if reinstalling helps, but since this problem happens only occasionally, it can take some time to be sure its solved, then I want to know if anyone else have experienced this.

I'm still on WP 8, Lumia Black.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    04-25-2014 08:21 AM
    When I try to record a video using Nokia Camera, even though it shows "Saving..." at the top of the screen, sometimes it simply doesn't save the video to my phone. I can't find it in Camera Roll.

I'll try and see if reinstalling helps, but since this problem happens only occasionally, it can take some time to be sure its solved, then I want to know if anyone else have experienced this.

I'm still on WP 8, Lumia Black.

Never faced this issue I am on wp 8.1 preview for developer. Reinstalling will be a better option.
    04-25-2014 08:38 AM
    Had this issue once again today, having reinstalled Nokia Camera. After shooting a 1-min video, ot wasn't saved, I lost it.

05-05-2014 01:22 AM
    Does it also happen in the stock camera app?
    05-05-2014 02:02 AM
    No, stock app works flawlessly

05-06-2014 07:42 PM
    Sorry for the late reply..had exams ;)

Anyway I tried looking around and saw a couple of threads with similar issue here:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ot-saving.html
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ia-camera.html

One user said the app update fixed. The other user said the videos are on the device if you hook it up to a PC and check file explorer. Is it possible to check if the videos are actually indeed saved on the phone? Perhaps it is just bugged and not showing in camera roll
    05-14-2014 03:26 AM
    Thanks gedzum for your reply.

I connected my phone to my laptop and I could see, in the Camera Roll folder in File Explorer, a dozen of those video files that were not showing up in the phone. Then they were indeed saved, but bugged in some way - they appear as having 00:00 length and no height and width dimensions, no thumbnail, although still, of course, eating my storage space.
    bug.png

Then I moved them to a folder in my pc, and that apparently lost information appeared.
    bug2.png

Good to know that I can recover these videos later, at least.
    05-15-2014 02:14 PM
    Excellent. I'm glad you were able to recover the videos. I'm not sure about a permanent fix though. I couldn't find any real leads when searching. If it is something you would really like fixed, it may be worth a try to contact Nokia support, or even a care point if you have one nearby.
    05-16-2014 10:38 AM