Unable to Sign Out from Messanger(FB) app.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
And just to add, I don't think it's a WP thing. I have it both on WP and android and on both I cannot sign out (unless I overlooked it), so yep, as mentioned just uninstall if you want to sign out

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Ohh...Strange!! A nice app without Sign Out option. Have they forgot to include it? lol..:p
If no, they should relaese the next update soon...disappointed :-(

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've got another question, sorry. How do you edit your favorites in the Facebook messenger app? I installed it and there were people pre-populated in the favorites that I don't recall ever adding. I don't even know how to add a favorite.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've got another question, sorry. How do you edit your favorites in the Facebook messenger app? I installed it and there were people pre-populated in the favorites that I don't recall ever adding. I don't even know how to add a favorite.

Peeps who have installed Facebook messenger are shown in favourites automatically when you sign-in (whatsapp does the same )

Last edited:

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for clearing that up.

Autocorrect sux , now again it was about to turn sux into something else lol , I was typing automatically and it turned out to be auto tau ally ? And now when I edited my post and give a reason , it was suggesting me speeding (spelling ) fixed lol. Btw using iPad for all this :p

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I think there is a difference between "Turn chat off" and "Sign out". Correct me if I am wrong in my perception:

Turn chat off -- This option will not sign me out, instead it will not show me people who are online. I do not want that.
Settings-->Disable Notifications -- This option will "Mute" the incoming messages for me, however person sending me the message will still find me Online!!

I wanted to know if there is any option to sign me out instead of disabling incoming messages/hiding people who are currently online.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think there is a difference between "Turn chat off" and "Sign out". Correct me if I am wrong in my perception:

Turn chat off -- This option will not sign me out, instead it will not show me people who are online. I do not want that.
Settings-->Disable Notifications -- This option will "Mute" the incoming messages for me, however person sending me the message will still find me Online!!

I wanted to know if there is any option to sign me out instead of disabling incoming messages/hiding people who are currently online.

You're correct on that. Chat off isn't the same as sign out. For awhile there I thought I missed something but I guess it still remains that we cannot sign off from messenger

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo