Official YouTube app gets updated

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
When I say YouTube I basically mean the link to YouTube on Brower that we usually get when we press on the YouTube tile
Anyways I noticed that they changed the theme from the old dark colored theme to the new face for YouTube which is the light colored theme. It's still YouTube on browser but looks more like YouTube on android and Apple

gameson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
i am a newb in windows phone OS. as far as i remember, there were a whole fiasco about the youtube app, from a full blown app, then got pulled by google due to T&C violation, then back up, etc.. i forgot the latest news, so i want to ask...

is the official youtube app by MSFT basically a shortcut to open browser with YouTube

​thanks.

twentythreee

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
i am a newb in windows phone OS. as far as i remember, there were a whole fiasco about the youtube app, from a full blown app, then got pulled by google due to T&C violation, then back up, etc.. i forgot the latest news, so i want to ask...

is the official youtube app by MSFT basically a shortcut to open browser with YouTube

​thanks.

It was a real app for once, but they had to pull it (I guess there are a lot of articles on that topic).
If you want a good YouTube experience, search for MetroTube, MyTube, ..

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

​thanks.

The answer is yes (unfortunately) but don't blame it on Microsoft . Google is the one that's refusing to make an app for Windows

Cealtex

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Well... yes the APP from the STORE developed by Microsoft now is just a link for the MOBILE site of YouTube! But if you want to install the original app you can download it from the link below:

Zippyshare.com - youtube_NoInterop_P3.2.xap

I had installed it on WP8 and after updating to WP8.1 the app was not opening but after redeploying it again it works as a charm!

CHEERS!

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Well... yes the APP from the STORE developed by Microsoft now is just a link for the MOBILE site of YouTube! But if you want to install the original app you can download it from the link below:

I had installed it on WP8 and after updating to WP8.1 the app was not opening but after redeploying it again it works as a charm!

CHEERS!

Is that the app that was once there and it was so good but got pulled out after a while ??

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I have the app that XDA was able to hack together and it somehow works with Cortana to "show trending movies".

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

CHEERS!

Thanks for the link. Now then, how dou you install this?

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

CHEERS!
How do you install this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz