OneDrive crashes phone?

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ditto. Wish to change MS account and trying to backup files including uploading videos to Onedrive.

Steps to reproduce:

In Photos, long-press a video, select Share, Onedrive and target folder.
Blue toast status appears then disappears.
In Onedrive app the status at the top shows "uploading 1 of x". Progress bar reaches 100% then gets stuck there for the first file.
After this eventually the phone crashes, usually (but not always) when performing an action in the Onedrive app.

I queued up about 20 uploads before I realised they were taking forever to get uploaded.

Device: NL920
WP version: 8.10.12.12382.878
OneDrive version: assume latest 4.1.3 - not sure how to check version, app has no info
Network: wifi

ptfuzi

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Same thing uploading videos, using wifi. Used a fastest wifi network and i could upload some more but then just crashes and can't upload the video

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The app remembers the upload queue and tries to resume after phone crash, anyone know how can I clear it so the phone stops crashing?

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Having a fun fun day here. Turning off background running causes the app to crash as soon as it's opened. I thought reinstalling the app might fix things but whaddaya know, onedrive can't be uninstalled. Assume there's no way to roll back to previous version...?

wpbazaar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok for anyone else stuck in a crash cycle, it looks like stopping and restarting the Onedrive background task clears the queue.

The room workaround is faster uploading and seems to use a different process than sharing direct to onedrive (which is insanely slow for me, I'm guessing due to app problems).

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...9-surprise-one-drive-not-working-wp8-1-a.html

I still get phone crashes if I try to peek at upload progress in the app. I've decided to avoid opening the Onedrive app at all and I'm using another device to check for and organize file arrivals at the cloud end.

sternd

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 925
WP 8.1 (Cyan) 8.10.12393.890
OneDrive 4.2.1

I start an upload of photos from the album to the one drive (share), change to the one drive to watch the progress. When the device changes to the lock screen, I unlock the device with my pin and WP crashes ( restarts the device ). This happens all the time. Has anybody the same issues?

Thanks

Ahmad Nairat

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Me Too,,

This happens with my Lumia 920 when I upload multiple photos to the one drive through Wi-Fi ..

I hope it'll get fixed, because OneDrive is one of the greatest features that I use in WindowsPhone ... =(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6