Okay to be clear I BLOODY LOVE WINDOWS PHONE.
    But it bothers me as to why are we ignored when it comes to apps? :|
    No official Snapchat..I like Rudy's but you have to buy it to make it ad free lacks features compared to official which btw got updated today and we have to wait.
    Using Migram but then again NOT Telegram.
    We all are begging for a decent WhatsApp update for months.
    No quiz up I mean list can go on and on all apps are first released for Android and Ios and then they release a dumbed down version of the app which isn't updates for months :|
    The platform is growing. We now have enough users..at least enough that Windows cannot be ignored, what is the deal behind all this ****?
    P.S- Never leaving Windows for ANY other OS.
    EssThree and A895 like this.
    05-01-2014 02:47 PM
    Android and IOS are leading in the market so obviously developers concentrate more on it. Atleast we have substitute for almost every apps which works fine. I accept are store is way behind android and ios but now you can see our store is also growing alot. Have a look at blackberry store you will surely love apps available on windows phone store.

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
    05-01-2014 03:01 PM
    Android and IOS are leading in the market so obviously developers concentrate more on it. Atleast we have substitute for almost every apps which works fine. I accept are store is way behind android and ios but now you can see our store is also growing alot. Have a look at blackberry store you will surely love apps available on windows phone store. 😉

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk
    05-01-2014 03:01 PM
    I agree they have to focus what gets them maximum consumers but its okay release an app a month late if they wanna..I agree the substitute we have a fine but still not as good as the official ones.
    Heard we're getting an unofficial app for quiz up which again is gonna take time and all we have to do at times is wait.
    Well at least we're ahead in everything else..
    05-01-2014 03:07 PM
    Not all devs see a future in the WP market so MS has a huge task to actually get more devs on board and giving them a sense of security when it comes to monetizing..
    Another point is that MS has very strict rules as to which apps it will allow in the store and in what form..
    Some devs just can't deal with the extra security measures MS has in place...
    Personally I don't mind those measures, because WP is one of the safest phones ever
    I do miss some mainstream apps, but they will be worth the wait I guess..
    Telegram is supposed to release an official app..
    Whatsapp was supposed to give us huge updates...
    So right now most of us are guessing that these devs are waiting for the official release of 8.1
    05-01-2014 03:16 PM
    My point is why miss the opportunity of adding more consumers to your list. Let other unofficial apps dominate the store and earn out of it. When they can clearly launch an official app charge a dollar for it if they want. And just ******* give a decent app and earn from millions of users..and add more clients to their list.
    Isn't it their loss if they ignore decent amount of users? I know nothing close to android or ios but still c'mon developers..
    ven07 likes this.
    05-01-2014 03:21 PM
    Telegram is open source stuff. Even if an official version comes it'll not be much different from the alternatives we have. Further there are a few restrictions placed by Microsoft on the way ads are displayed, so we can say that the devs don't like those restrictions. But see these restrictions are good as the ads do not pop up every now and then. Also the coding is fully different. .NET framework doesn't interest devs. Am myself a developer and have many friends in this circle, these are the common issues they cite... Am a new developer and am still learning, but whatever i do I'll keep it WP exclusive(at least for sometime).

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    Akhilesh Bhambhani likes this.
    05-01-2014 03:23 PM
    Telegram is open source stuff. Even if an official version comes it'll not be much different from the alternatives we have. Further there are a few restrictions placed by Microsoft on the way ads are displayed, so we can say that the devs don't like those restrictions. But see these restrictions are good as the ads do not pop up every now and then. Also the coding is fully different. .NET framework doesn't interest devs. Am myself a developer and have many friends in this circle, these are the common issues they cite... Am a new developer and am still learning, but whatever i do I'll keep it WP exclusive(at least for sometime).

That's something I didn't know thanks for the info.
    But sorry about my lack of knowledge related to this. But I heard ios has some security restrictions I do not know what they are how similar they are but if apps can be developed for ios which I know compared to windows has a lot of users. But still why miss the opportunity of grabbing even a small amount of market share when you can and let other unofficial developers earn from it.
    05-01-2014 03:30 PM

This is true :) That why the official devs (Telegram) said that their official app will just be one of the apps in the store, but we don't know which one lol
    I would guess the one with the most options and best reviews
    05-01-2014 03:33 PM
    Its probably because this is a difficult platform to write for mostly because its tied into Microsoft's operating system. Because of hackers, it is so locked down, dev's gravitate to where their apps can be exploited easier but offer more flexibility.
    ven07 likes this.
    05-01-2014 03:40 PM
    This is true :) That why the official devs (Telegram) said that their official app will just be one of the apps in the store, but we don't know which one lol
    I would guess the one with the most options and best reviews

All the Telegram apps are strange in one easy or other. None of them Is perfect.
    Migram is the most popular of the lot but lacks the PRIVACY OPTION(to hide your last seen) also no option to share recorded audio.
    Chatogram is most downloaded, provides the privacy option(you can remove your last seen and also the double tick, the person sending you message wont know you read it or not) and also adds the Developer to your contact list in case you have doubts to clear, but is v.slow when there are 5-6 unread messages.
    NGram is exactly same as Migram but provides support for animated background.

ven07 likes this.
    05-01-2014 03:42 PM
    All the Telegram apps are strange in one easy or other. None of them Is perfect.
    Migram is the most popular of the lot but lacks the PRIVACY OPTION(to hide your last seen) also no option to share recorded audio.
    Chatogram is most downloaded, provides the privacy option(you can remove your last seen and also the double tick, the person sending you message wont know you read it or not) and also adds the Developer to your contact list in case you have doubts to clear, but is v.slow when there are 5-6 unread messages.
    NGram is exactly same as Migram but provides support for animated background.

Yes I agree.. This is why I found it weird that they were going to select one.. I can't even make up my mind, but I wouldn't use two apps for one thing so.. lol
    05-01-2014 05:08 PM
    Okay to be clear I BLOODY LOVE WINDOWS PHONE.
    But it bothers me as to why are we ignored when it comes to apps? :|
    No official Snapchat...
    If you read the Reddit AMA with Joe Belifiore, you'd see they're working with Snapchat for an official app. They're not ignoring you, they're just not broadcasting something that hasn't happened yet. A lot it's going on behind the scenes that we're not privy to.
    05-03-2014 07:32 AM
    Yea I read its good to know. Things will change by end of this quarter once 8.1 is out and stayed for a while..we might get the attention we deserve.
    05-03-2014 07:52 AM
    I don't get it though, isn't the Facebook app developed by Microsoft? Can't they work out some arrangement with Snapchat to do the same?

MS needs to seriously throw some money or manpower at people, because the app gap is growing again. I can definitely see myself being left behind in my social circle with people communicating mostly over Snapchat...
    A895 likes this.
    05-03-2014 08:27 AM