Better SharePoint in Office Apps or Standalone SharePoint Apps

DarthMengon

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I really like WP8.1 and use it daily on my Lumia 920. I am a MS Professional and Consultant for SharePoint in Germany. What I don't understand is the really bad support for their own product SharePoint. The only thing which a WP user is able to is to connect to on Premise and Office 365 systems with read only in Office hub. There is also no standalone app for editing, not official and also not 3rd party, which is a shame. In fact its one of their most successful enterprise products of all times. I need not to mention that on iOS and Android you have lots of choices....

So please support my idea and rate on official uservoice:
Better SharePoint in Office Apps or Standalone SharePoint Apps – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone

Regards

DarthMengon

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Thx for the tip, but I could not establish a connection to any form based authentication systems, which is standard in hosted environments. I will try tomorrow an AD authenticated system

anon8904507

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, I do not know how you, but I can edit excel sheets in Office Hub on my phone. What I cannot do easily is to save a file into the SharePoint.
OfficeHub does not allow you to save to SharePoint (only Phone, OneDrive, SDCard are available).

Even if you open your SP in a browser, by default no upload option is there...however if you switch to "PC view" you can upload file from your phone/SDCard to the SharePoint, so this indeed work. So there is a ways and it works, just integrate it better to the Office Hub.

I think the problem lies here with MS, who wants you for "some" reason to use their whatever cloud services (OneDrive, SharePoint Online...)
and they are making their Apps only in this way, so they support this. There are however ways (with obstacles) for those who really want and have time to find a way - like with OneNote app and On-Prem SharePoint.

RobHalligan

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you take a look at Mobile Entr?e – now in the Windows app store (Mobile Entr?e 365 - STORE). Mobile Entr?e is browser-based and works on all devices. It Is pretty easy to set up and gives a great experience to access all the core capabilities that SharePoint offers – Lists, Libraries, Discussions. You can also brand it for your company as well as customize the different views. Developers can even create their own custom mobile apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3