Bing Rewards on Windows Phone

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
How did you tie your rewards account to your mobile device? I did the bing thing and it still didn't work. Pehaps it's only working for some people as MS starts to roll it out.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
yea this isn't working for me either. i've tried everything, i think. i'm on WP 8.1 with Cortana. If someone got it working, please type out some detailed instructions. thanks!

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Go to bing.com/rewards

That should enable you to log in and tie your mobile to your account.

it doesn't really let me "tie" anything. I'm just signing into my MS account, which then brings up my rewards dashboard as i would see it on my desktop, except its in my mobile IE browser. i then hit the search hardware button and do a few searches and it doesn't reflect in my dashboard after refreshing the IE page.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
yea this isn't working for me either. i've tried everything, i think. i'm on WP 8.1 with Cortana. If someone got it working, please type out some detailed instructions. thanks!

All it does for me is log me into my Bing rewards account, not seeing any way to link my phone

billhatter

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Sorry. I'm not 100% sure what steps I followed. I just went to m.bing.com and was able to log into my rewards account from my phone and my searches started working. I had to approve the connection (I think I used Facebook) and it just started working.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
This really does need to have seamless integration into Cortana... and Bing Search for that matter (since not everyone wants location services sucking away at their battery ALL THE TIME).

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Nothing I do will make those mobile searches register either. WP users should just get these 10 points automatically by default each day until they resolve this.

gottago

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
What is asinine is that Bing Mobile rewards are only available to Windows Phone 8.1 only, an OS version that is not even officially released. MS I am losing faith in you!

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
What is asinine is that Bing Mobile rewards are only available to Windows Phone 8.1 only, an OS version that is not even officially released. MS I am losing faith in you!
And they show the rewards being redeemed on an iPad, sigh...... what are we going to do with you Microsoft?

billhatter

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
actually searching on the phone does not earn any point. I think they still need to roll out backend

This isn't true. I'm getting points for searching on my phone.

Buy I did discovery that I've lost my gold status and my history is now gone, so I've emailed support.

But I can verify that phone searches yield points.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If you want to get rewards from your WP do the following:
Open IE > click the 3 dots > settings > Website preference > Desktop Version
click back button
Go to Bing
Log in to Bing as you would on your desktop using your MS account > check the "keep me signed in" box
select your 3 dots > pin to start

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
click back button
Go to Bing
Log in to Bing as you would on your desktop using your MS account > check the "keep me signed in" box

Yes, but that won't score you the additional 10 points for mobile searches. Those searches only count toward the PC searches.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
click back button
Go to Bing

It works, but it counts toward rewards via desktop. Bing rewards now gives an extra 10 points for mobile browsing, but only on Android and iOS. We're losing out on an additional 10 points a day by using Windows Phone. ☹

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
"When you don't have the dog you have to hunt with the cat."
*shrug*
Better to have something then nothing until MS gets off their azz for us.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
It works, but it counts toward rewards via desktop. Bing rewards now gives an extra 10 points for mobile browsing, but only on Android and iOS. We're losing out on an additional 10 points a day by using Windows Phone. ☹

I think we'll have to wait until 8.1 becomes official before we get those sweet 10 extra points.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss