Bing Rewards on Windows Phone

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Bing made an update to Bing Rewards. Now it is separates PC (Up to 15 a day) and Mobile (Up to 10 a day) searches. With my Nokia Lumia 822 running the 8.1 Developer Preview it is integrated with Bing Rewards and you can see the credits increase with every 2 searches using the search button. Has anyone else noticed this change?

The Bing Rewards app was announced at the end of January for Android and iOS. Good things happen when we are patient!

If you are having trouble visit Bing Rewards on your phone.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Earlier today, I searched using IE on my Lumia 1020 - I have an account with Silver status and today, it was 15 credits max to earn. I just checked again, and there is a new promotion - every Tuesday in May search and earn twice your daily credits.

Maybe because I used IE on my phone it is registering it as a PC search, and thus giving me the 15 credits per day (instead of 10)...

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to use bing on IE using WP8.1 it just sends me to Smart Search and it doesn't work that way

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I just used Bing on IE with WP8.1 initially and it would search as it would on desktop.

*How do I upload a photo? I want to upload a screenshot showing the separate searches with mobile and desktop.

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're using IE on WP to launch Bing, you need to switch to desktop version in settings first.

Yeah when you set it to desktop version, search Bing like you normally do. You should see your profile and everything. This should connect your Bing Rewards account to your phone and when you complete searches it should count as a mobile search. I also turned off Cortana so I have the Windows Phone 8 search button.

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but unfortunately my searches don't seem to count either, I'm signed in and everything

Can you try searching from the search button? I turned Cortana off, but with Cortana on it should count. Searching via IE will probably count as desktop and searching with Cortana/Bing should count as mobile. When you get it to work, you will get an extra 10 credits!

ULOP3Z

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Can you try searching from the search button? I turned Cortana off, but with Cortana on it should count. Searching via IE will probably count as desktop and searching with Cortana/Bing should count as mobile. When you get it to work, you will get an extra 10 credits!
I tried with Cortana on and off, it doesn't seem to work, anyways if you guys have Windows 8 you should get this app it basically pays for itself Rewards Assistant app for Windows in the Windows Store

billhatter

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I was able to successfully search using Cortana and have it count.

You have to open bing from your phone, and tie your rewards account to your mobile device. Once I did that, I was able to successfully get points for searching on my phone.

2014-05-06 10_43_17-Bing - Internet Explorer.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel