Music app on 8.1 in other regions

weightypillow

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I live in South Africa, updated to 8.1.. Now when the Xbox Music app update drops, it says that the app is not available in my region... What a silly idea from MS... So basically I need to change my region everytime I want to update the app.. Honestly don't understand them

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I live in South Africa, updated to 8.1.. Now when the Xbox Music app update drops, it says that the app is not available in my region... What a silly idea from MS... So basically I need to change my region everytime I want to update the app.. Honestly don't understand them

I also don't understand this, it doesn't make sense to region lock a media utility like this which is so core to the native phone experience. I left a review on the app in South Africa to outline this - plus I reported it to Microsoft by complaining about the apps "performance" which is true - it performs terribly, but it wouldn't if it was updated :p

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
thats ridiculous, really. to change the region every time.
while updating the music app yesterday, my video app also got updated . it was actually released a month ago or so. it was never updated bcoz in my region, its not available.
so stupid an d so funny that an app is updated after a month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs