The idea behind Quick app launcher (a WP8.1 app) is great but the app is limited because WP isn't so flexible.
    It would be great if the app could be accessed with a swipe (maybe from the left) instead of being a notification on the action center.
    (This is me showing my support to this great app. I did not make or contribute to the making of this app)

Open up your APIs to support swipe gestures for certain apps – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
    Faklur likes this.
    05-06-2014 07:13 PM
    Just the way asha and nokia x done with fastlane
    meddyrainzo likes this.
    05-06-2014 07:25 PM
    Just the way asha and nokia x done with fastlane
    Exactly! This can turn out being a very very useful app
    05-07-2014 03:39 AM
    You can't have a swipe from left gesture because it would not work if you have any other app opened, since WP apps use left and right swipe gestures for navigation.
    This has been stated many times before yet people still request this feature, not realizing it would just not work, unless you redesigned nearly every app on the OS.

And if you are thinking 'it works on Win8.1 with the charms bar' well on tablets you have plenty of screen space to swipe left or right without touching the edges, not really an option on small phones screens, where you often swipe all the way from the edge.
    Sagar Limaye likes this.
    05-07-2014 03:56 AM
    You can't have a swipe from left gesture because it would not work if you have any other app opened, since WP apps use left and right swipe gestures for navigation.
    This has been stated many times before yet people still request this feature, not realizing it would just not work, unless you redesigned nearly every app on the OS.

And if you are thinking 'it works on Win8.1 with the charms bar' well on tablets you have plenty of screen space to swipe left or right without touching the edges, not really an option on small phones screens, where you often swipe all the way from the edge.
    Like I stated in the description"a swipe from the left or any other gesture the developer deems right".
    My suggestion is for MS to make a deeper integration between apps and the OS possible
    Faklur likes this.
    05-07-2014 04:20 AM