Trick to send music or songs in WhatsApp!

Itratgillani1

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
hey! i tried this method but problem comes when file extention is renamed as mp4. it never appears in that folder where i have been saved that. and moreover when i open that file in pasted folder the notification comes"search an app to open such file".please help me about this. i have microsoft lumia 535. thanku

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
hey! i tried this method but problem comes when file extention is renamed as mp4. it never appears in that folder where i have been saved that. and moreover when i open that file in pasted folder the notification comes"search an app to open such file".please help me about this. i have microsoft lumia 535. thanku

Then you made a mistake in the renaming.
songname.mp3 has renamed in songname.mp4 and not in songname.mp4. so no . after mp4 in the instruction the . was to mark the end of the sentence and was not part of the extension name.
So double check the name you gave to the file.
Or use this app http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=08f0483c-ccb1-4b12-918d-36b3ee3c1412

Last edited:

vicky geth

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
not working for me! I did following:
[1] Photos are saved to SD card in my phone. So I went to SD card-->Pictures folder.
[2] Created a folder called WhatsApp Music
[3] Copied a song from SD Card--> Music and pasted it to WhatsApp Music Folder.
[4] Renamed extension of mp3 file to mp4.
[5] Opened WhatsApp.
[6] in chat, clicked Attach icon--> Albums.
[7] I can see all default folders like camera roll, saved pictures, whatsapp, but not WhatsApp Music.

I also tried restarting my phone, yet can't find it in albums :-(

Did I miss anything here?

open whatsapp > tap attachment icon > select video. Now you can see the .mp4 file

Mohamed Ahmed Nader

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
It's really annoying how we can plot down simple solutions for BS created from our beloved MS I mean I mean I don't think it was that hard for WhatsApp developers to add this code. And I'm thinking about making an app that does this exact task for free. Why because it was supposed to be essential. We own smartphones for God's sake.....

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It's really annoying how we can plot down simple solutions for BS created from our beloved MS I mean I mean I don't think it was that hard for WhatsApp developers to add this code. And I'm thinking about making an app that does this exact task for free. Why because it was supposed to be essential. We own smartphones for God's sake.....
Maybe they don't know about the file picker APIs yet. Who knows?

Oliver Muzaki

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Mohammed for your expertise knowledge. All the steps you gave if followed closely work a great deal. Actually I was disturbed by the fact that I was unable to send audios to Whatsapp on my Lumia 530. I got relieved when I read you post and was overjoyed.

Only that for me l used a different App called Files. It is a Free App from Microsoft. And it also works pretty fine.
Many thanks.

Ed Small

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Found an easier way, through OneDrive. Go to your music file and click and hold onto the file you want to send, once you get the checkmark in the top right corner, go to your share button. Press, "send file", wait for it to download. Your sharing page will come up, press whatsapp and choose who you want to send it too. Works great! Just not with videos, only music files.

shilpav

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am having Lumia 520 Windows 8 OS and I am not able to send songs on whatspp.

So after reading your article I Tried to use this trick. I did all the steps properly, but when in the last I tried to open my whatsapp, and clicked on Clip icon (for attachment) there I did get the albums option.

So please help me is still there is any option.

Regards
Shilpa

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)