App for streaming media to Xbox 360?

dankplantgrower

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all Im a new Windows Phone user after probably a dozen Android phones. Is there a way to download apps Ive already purchased on Android and import them to this phone? Also, is there an App like DoubleTwist that lets you stream music and movies to your Xbox 360? My Android and Xbox 360 were my ultimate media solution... Id like to pick up where I left off. Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I think you can use a sort of "Play To" app that utilizes DLNA for your Xbox 360, but I'm not sure.. I hope you can get an answer here. And welcome WPcentral! :D

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Nokia PlayTo is the only app I've come across so far which acts as a DLNA server for local files to play on a remote renderer (at least for video), but that only works of course on Nokia devices (it is possible to trick other devices to install it, but at least when I tried on my HTC 8X it couldn't pick up any DLNA devices on the network). You don't mention which make your WP is, so you may or may not be lucky.

As to the other question - Android and WP are completely separate OS's, so apps for one are not compatible with apps for the other. And even if the same apps exist for both (if the developers have coded them for each individually) then most likely if you've paid for it on one OS you'd need to buy it again for the other (at least that's the normal case).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss