Where is Flipboard for Windows Phone?

anon(7822905)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
The thought just came across me when browsing on my Windows 8 laptop on Flipbord and I thought.... Why don't we have this on our phone? So I looked it up and saw an old article on WPcentral and saw it was officially announced back when the 2520 and other apps like vine were announced as well...... So where is it? Thoughts and answers please!!

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
My guess is it'll come out with whatever Surface Flagships Microsoft will deliver. I have a strong feeling this is what they are working on. I also have a sense WPCentral knows about it but are not saying. Have you not noticed the eerie quiet?

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
There were a few articles stating that the beta was spotted running on demo units at Build 2014 so I don't think they gave up on it. I agree with the others that it will likely be released with the official launch of WP 8.1.

anon(7822905)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
My guess is it'll come out with whatever Surface Flagships Microsoft will deliver. I have a strong feeling this is what they are working on. I also have a sense WPCentral knows about it but are not saying. Have you not noticed the eerie quiet?

That does all make all really good sense!! I'm also hoping that when they announce the Surface mini that whatever new brand named apps may come to Windows 8.1 on the mini or public that they hopefully no doubt transition to Windows Phone 8.1 or just when WP8.1 releases

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I haven't heard a rumor of a surface flagshape, I'm not sure that wpcentral would know about this.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah....none of that seems even remotely plausible.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Likely they realized it didn't make sense to port the Windows 8.1 app to Windows Phone 8.0, with ~90% of the WinRT API's functional in Windows Phone 8.1. I'd be surprised if we didn't see it with 8.1 public release

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Likely they realized it didn't make sense to port the Windows 8.1 app to Windows Phone 8.0, with ~90% of the WinRT API's functional in Windows Phone 8.1. I'd be surprised if we didn't see it with 8.1 public release

I suspect that this is likely the case. Wp 8.1 and Win 8.1 universal app. I expect we will see much more of this very soon.

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I recently emailed a member of support about this, and they said the application is still in the works and should be available 'in the not too distant future'. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that they've got no exact date even months after the supposed release, but it's something!

bitwise

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There was an article in wmpoweruser about the beta and I actually got it. Too buggy tho. I just uninstalled it earlier since I was cleaning apps I dont use.

Last time I checked the publisher looked legit so I dont think it is a clone app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion