The Verge

MetaG85

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello members, I have currently been using The Verge app and enjoy a few of the articles and forums there but there's one glaring issue, I cannot join any conversation!
there is no option that I see to allow me comment on anything am ai just missing something here or is there really no way to become active through their app?
running Wp8 btw

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
...its not an official app. The developer plans on adding the ability to sign in and make comments but I think he is currently working on re-naming the app since Vox media asked him to.

But I do believe there is an older the verge app that allows you to sign in and write comments...it just no where near nice looking as the other.

MetaG85

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I see, man that's terrible because otherwise is a beautiful app very user friendly its just you'd think. Signing in would be priority #1. Oh well.
Thanks!

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I just found The Verge app by Anand Prakash thanks to WinBeta's article. It is an amazing app! Anand Prakash has some great skills and the care he put in the app is fantastic. He also has another app worth checking out too.

Now, we know another great guy besides Tom Warren at The Verge. Tom Warren deserves praise for working at the home of Android and iOS. It's like Kobe Bryant going to the Celtics and trying to convince them the Lakers are a great team/

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello members, I have currently been using The Verge app and enjoy a few of the articles and forums there but there's one glaring issue, I cannot join any conversation!
there is no option that I see to allow me comment on anything am ai just missing something here or is there really no way to become active through their app?
running Wp8 btw
the app was updated last week and it supports commenting.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Has Verge pulled the app from the store now? They can't have WP having a better app than iOS or Android, doesn't fit their narrative.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Has Verge pulled the app from the store now? They can't have WP having a better app than iOS or Android, doesn't fit their narrative.

I have my region set to US(I'm from India) and the store says it is not available for region. But still I can see the app page in my phone as I am yet to update to the latest version.
Will update if it is available in any other region.
UPDATE: Not listed in the store even for India too. I think it is removed

Last edited:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
This is a symptom of something way bigger: money!

See, I wanted to create an app for a newspaper I read everyday but relying solely on their RSS feeds and making it clear that this was an unofficial app and that I was going to give it for free and ad-free so I wasn't going to make a penny with it. I checked with them... no go. They told me I couldn't. So I checked if they wanted to do their own app for WP... no.

They didn't say it obviously but, on their website, they have ads and they want to make sure that, if an app brings their content to people, they make money off of it... which is fine in itself but, if you're not going to do a WP app anyway, why forbid people from doing so?

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This is a symptom of something way bigger: money!

See, I wanted to create an app for a newspaper I read everyday but relying solely on their RSS feeds and making it clear that this was an unofficial app and that I was going to give it for free and ad-free so I wasn't going to make a penny with it. I checked with them... no go. They told me I couldn't. So I checked if they wanted to do their own app for WP... no.

They didn't say it obviously but, on their website, they have ads and they want to make sure that, if an app brings their content to people, they make money off of it... which is fine in itself but, if you're not going to do a WP app anyway, why forbid people from doing so?
Update on The Verge app | anand prakash

looks like they were okay with using the site's content at the beginning and changed their mind later on.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm so upset about this! I updated my phone to official release with cyan. As soon as I was finished I was looking for my FAVORITE app, renamed converge, and now it's gone! Hoping it comes back soon 😞. May have to attempt side loading it, if possible.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i stopped going to their main site around beginning of this year. They used to have great tech related contents and nowadays i see movie reviews on their main page + click-bait articles. I know i can go to the tech section but The Verge started off as a great tech focused site and now it serves a broader range of audience.

I only visit their forums now and this app was very useful, quick and intuitive. They killed the app and now i don't even know if i wanna go back to their forums. I know it sounds silly but i think i'm done with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12