Spotify app huge update!

gerke

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My Spotify is now Norwegian in stead of Dutch. They really ****ed up this time :(

Just received another update. They fixed the wrong language. All my offline playlists are gone now :(

Sent from my Lumia 1020 with WP8.1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
My Spotify is now Norwegian in stead of Dutch. They really ****ed up this time :(

Just received another update. They fixed the wrong language. All my offline playlists are gone now :(

Sent from my Lumia 1020 with WP8.1 using Tapatalk
Haha, mine was Dutch instead of Norwegian :p

hermantj

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I think they aren't able to give support for both premium and free users with one app. They need to make 2 apps, one for premium users and one for free users.
I don't know really where the limitation is, or if they're just idiots, but there seems to be the problem

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Don't count on it, its been free for iOS and Android users for ages. WP users pay so it can be free on other platforms, no other company I know has such a ****ty business model.

No we (WP users) don't. It's been on for iOS and Android for many months before it ever came to Windows Phone. But I agree about that business model.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone notice that Offline mode does NOT work? The app complains about there being no network connection when you select a song to play that you've downloaded.

I fear I may finally cancel Spotify after all these years.

teshny

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - I just got the update and well now spotify wont even start, and I have an premium account. Are anothers experiencing this on the HTC 8x?

burnabite

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi all - I just got the update and well now spotify wont even start, and I have an premium account. Are anothers experiencing this on the HTC 8x?

I'm also on the HTC 8X with spotify subscription. No problems for me. The new app is pretty good, very close to the android app with exception to the "Your Music" section.

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not that happy with the new Spotify: its boot time is so much slower compared to the previous one. There is also a bug that you cannot choose previous song from the previous button when you are not in the app itself (pressing volume up/down button for that mini menu) You can't wind the song from these buttons either (this thing was present on the previous version as well)

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice that Offline mode does NOT work? The app complains about there being no network connection when you select a song to play that you've downloaded.

True. In the old crappy version, offline works fine. It seems it needs validation first, i.e., start it up connected, play offline song, then disconnect. I am actually disappointed.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
True. In the old crappy version, offline works fine. It seems it needs validation first, i.e., start it up connected, play offline song, then disconnect. I am actually disappointed.

In my case I was connected first as I was driving along just fine until I lost reception. Then Spotify complained about 'no network connection', even though I downloaded my playlist beforehand. Sucky.

Xbox Music has been disappointing too. Beats? Heck no, big battery drainer.

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Deezer is much superior to Spotify anyway, I don't know why people just don't try Deezer, it even has a very good Windows 8 Modern app.

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Deezer is much superior to Spotify anyway, I don't know why people just don't try Deezer, it even has a very good Windows 8 Modern app.

I looked into Deezer and they only have a streaming quality of 128kbps bitrate, but have 320kbps for Sonos and web streaming. I also don't see an official Windows Phone app. The one app that is in the Windows Phone store is $6.99 and it's buy/not try. It's also not available in the USA.

I don't see the superiority over Spotify yet.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

Found the solution.

There are two Offline settings- one on each playlist and one in the settings. It works in offline mode now.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Yep. I know about both offline settings. It still works off and on. Somehow this feature for broken.

Weird thing is that even if the songs have been downloaded, I still have to go online, sync which is very fast, go offline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mister2d

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Weird thing is that even if the songs have been downloaded, I still have to go online, sync which is very fast, go offline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly what happens. You nailed it.

I never had to do that before on my other devices. This particular update changed that.

Anyway, I have since cancelled Spotify after a number of years. Another thing that annoys me is that when I play music over bluetooth in my car, track progress doesn't show on my car stereo's screen. Now, this never was available under Spotify for WP, but I noticed that every other music app I've used and tested (Beats, Xbox Music, Songza, and Nokia Mix Radio) does display the track progress.

It's just things like this that have added up to why I can't stand giving Spotify any more of my money.

So, off to Xbox Music for my main music app. (bleh) lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12