Metrotalk still working post May 15

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
...for the time being. I'm going to assume that google won't turn off the xmpp api until they fully integrate google voice into hangouts. Thoughts?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
That would really be nice.

I was really, REALLY dreading this. I watched this vid about how to survive after the fact and just got depressed. Metrotalk and GV are an integral part of my daily life and I really didn't want to have to buy a texting plan.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone use an app called Clear Dial? I'm curious if this could be a good alternative to MetroTalk when google finally decides to pull the plug.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I got an Icon finally (yay!), but Metrotalk got unpublished. I used it religiously on my Trophy and it still works. I also see the xap can still be downloaded from the WP Store. Does anyone know of a way for me to install this on my Icon?

I'm using Free Talk now, but it's just not the same. Apoelin did legendary work and I sure would like to finally use the WP8 features he worked so hard on at least for a while.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to developer unlock your device, but even then I don't know if you can load someone elses xap file, and I really don't know what you can do since the Icon doesn't have an sd slot.

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I feel ya Tjarren. As much as I love my 920, looks like I'm married to it until another option pops up. Was really looking forward to the 3D features of the next gen win phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett