WhatsApp removed from Windows Store!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AHHHHH! OH NOES! WHATEVER WILL PEOPLE DO WITHOUT WHATSAPP!?

/sarcasm

You been scooped, buddy, as it was already posted about on the home page and in another thread.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
At this moment WhatsApp has been removed from playstore as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I still see it on Google Play (Snap), and BlackBerry World. I'm sure they are just updating the app for WP

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
D'oh! ;-)

Crap, put the file on the SD Card, went to the WhatsApp page in the store and no option to install from SD Card :(. Any other suggestions?

*EDIT* Turns out you have to wait several minutes before the option shows up in the store. Unfortunately though, when I go to SD Card from the Store, Whatsapp is showing up as an "unsupported app" and doesn't let me install it.

Anything else I could try?

Last edited:

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Crap, put the file on the SD Card, went to the WhatsApp page in the store and no option to install from SD Card :(. Any other suggestions?

Don't go to the app's page - there should be a separate option somewhere if you go into the store. Maybe on one of the other pages or in my apps - I can't test right now as Linux is being a PITA in mounting my 620.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't go to the app's page - there should be a separate option somewhere if you go into the store. Maybe on one of the other pages or in my apps - I can't test right now as Linux is being a PITA in mounting my 620.

Thanks, I think I edited my post as you were replying. Turns out you have to wait a while for the SD Card option to appear in the Store. It finally did, but Whatsapp appeared as an "unsupported app" and was greyed out, so it didn't let me install it from the SD Card :(. Any other suggestions for how it can be side-loaded?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I think I edited my post as you were replying. Turns out you have to wait a while for the SD Card option to appear in the Store. It finally did, but Whatsapp appeared as an "unsupported app" and was greyed out, so it didn't let me install it from the SD Card :(. Any other suggestions for how it can be side-loaded?

Far as I'm aware that's the only method.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Akshay Murali

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes.. just what they meant.. Maybe some temporary software check.. I searched and it showed " Try spelling....blah blah blah.. " Hoping to be released again with some new features...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb