WhatsApp removed from Windows Store!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I wish they would at least warn us before removing the app? I just got a Lumia 1520 as a gift for a family member and have to set it up for them. They use WhatsApp religiously. Now they'll have to keep using their old phone until it's back up just because of one app. Utterly amateur and ridiculous on WhatsApp's part.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure it's safe to assume they are updating it with a newer version.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
But why would they remove it? Since when is it necessary to completely remove an app from the store before an update? We don't even have any word from them whether or not a major update is ahead or when the app will be back in the store.

Is there any way at all to install the app (a patched version for example) if it's not in the store?

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I wish they would at least warn us before removing the app? I just got a Lumia 1520 as a gift for a family member and have to set it up for them. They use WhatsApp religiously. Now they'll have to keep using their old phone until it's back up just because of one app. Utterly amateur and ridiculous on WhatsApp's part.

Just download the xap file manually from store using pc. Seems to be working for some people. :)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Scroll down to the bottom and the "download and install manually" link is what you want. Plug your phone in and copy it to the memory card. Unplug and if you go into the store there should be a new option along the lines of 'install from sd card'. Might not work if you have WP8.1 however... I know that's how it was done in 8.0

dino73n

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Double checked,still absent,maybe it's location's issue. I am in the Libya at the moment. Internet here has many limitations.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site

Unfair

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Scroll down to the bottom and the "download and install manually" link is what you want. Plug your phone in and copy it to the memory card. Unplug and if you go into the store there should be a new option along the lines of 'install from sd card'. Might not work if you have WP8.1 however... I know that's how it was done in 8.0

Thanks but there is no "download and install" manually link on the page :(. Am I missing it somewhere? I even did a search within the page hoping to find it. Are you able to see it in the link I provided?

If anyone has the xap file, could I trouble you to send it to me?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but there is no "download and install" manually link on the page :(. Am I missing it somewhere? I even did a search within the page hoping to find it. Are you able to see it in the link I provided?

On the left hand side, right down the bottom under the language list. Came up using the provided link.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
On the left hand side, right down the bottom under the language list. Came up using the provided link.

Ok this is weird... I still don't see it. Can you look at the screen shot I attached? I'm in the United States... does that make a difference? Could I trouble you to send me the xap file?

**EDIT** Nevermind, it turns out I wasn't signed in and that's why the link didn't show up :sweaty:. Sorry, and thanks a lot for the help!

sh.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99