What if Whatsapp Never returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
People are so selfish here I see... they're like , i don't have Whatsapp, I don't seven use it I have skype... LOL
there's what? a billion Whatsapp users in the world... people still think it's not even needed... they're on weed now I guess hahaha

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can't speak for the WhatsApp vs Skype comment, but WhatsApp is pretty awful for alot of people. Frankly, there are just as good, and even better, IM options these days. I don't think its selfish to say, just try something else. ;)

(Alot of people just assume WhatsApp Delivery ✅ is accurate. I have personally found their push delivery to be terrible, via testing on a friends phone. For no reason whatsoever messages won't push. I can't tell you how many times I've opened WhatsApp and had suddenly messages come through, like Push was off and it wasn't. My data wasn't weak or anything. If you google WhatsApp reliability, you'll see its a cross platform issue.)

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Whatsapp is the standard in Switzerland. Everybody uses it, alternatives are sometimes used, but not as consistent as Whatsapp.

When Whatsapp doesn't come back, I'll buy another phone.

I agree. But here it's not only friends. It's just everybody. I could convince my friends to use an alternative, I can't convince my entire address book.

Then, sell it to me, everybody here who wants to sell his phone if WhatsApp never comeback, sell it to me!

Come on! There is a lot, A LOT of alternative to that app! I don't gonna throw away my precious Lumia 925 for an app!

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Then, sell it to me, everybody here who wants to sell his phone if WhatsApp never comeback, sell it to me!

Come on! There is a lot, A LOT of alternative to that app! I don't gonna throw away my precious Lumia 925 for an app!

What exactly should I sell to you? That comment makes no sense.

You have to do whatever meets your needs. If you don't need or use Whatsapp, that's splendid. Good for you. Nonetheless, I need it. I need it that much that it's a reason to change to another platform should it not be available anymore.

Even if this wouldn't be a rational decision - I have explained why I need it, it's the standard here, everybody uses it - it would still be my own decision to make. And believe me, if it would never return, Windows Phone would it have even much, much worse than now in the Swiss market.

It's strange anyway that I have to defend my opinion in a thread that asks for an opinion. Don't you think?

Anyway, I highly doubt that they won't bring it back. There's even a Blackberry version after all.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp is just non-negotiable for me at this point. Everybody uses it here in Germany, and all of my friends in America do, too. It's like not having Skype, Facebook, or a maps program.

630User

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Over the years I've seen so many chat clients popping up and disappearing.
Who remembers ICQ, AOL, MSN, MIRC, BBM etc? Who thinks that WhatsApp is here to stay is mistaken. In a few years there will be something new and WhatsApp will be one of the apps that has become a vague memory.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Over the years I've seen so many chat clients popping up and disappearing.
Who remembers ICQ, AOL, MSN, MIRC, BBM etc? Who thinks that WhatsApp is here to stay is mistaken. In a few years there will be something new and WhatsApp will be one of the apps that has become a vague memory.

In a few years Apple might be gone. Google might buy Microsoft. Civilization might be destroyed by a third world war. What should I care right now about that?

Ashish Sharma6610

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I have to hard reset my phone and now the fact that WhatsApp is no longer available I m just confused. Bit if I can get it back from my purchase history or smthng.. Or if I back things up.. All I m worried about is WhatsApp

Stefan May

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I have to hard reset my phone and now the fact that WhatsApp is no longer available I m just confused. Bit if I can get it back from my purchase history or smthng.. Or if I back things up.. All I m worried about is WhatsApp

Dont do it, you wont get whatsapp back for now. Dont make the same mistake i made lol

luisfarelo

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
If Whatsapp doesn't come back WP will crash and burn to irrelevance, literally if I recommended Wp to anyone and they saw there wasn't Whatsapp, they would laugh at me.

Stefan May

May 19, 2014
Visit site
If Whatsapp doesn't come back WP will crash and burn to irrelevance, literally if I recommended Wp to anyone and they saw there wasn't Whatsapp, they would laugh at me.

True, Whatsapp is a very important app, too bad they leave us with so little information about what's going on and such. I hope they come back soon though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786