What if Whatsapp Never returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
There's no reason why it won't be back, but they'll be getting a 1-star rating from me for unpublishing it with 0 warning. I just got a Lumia 1520 for a family member who uses WhatsApp more than any other apps, and now I won't be able to install it for them until it's back. Screw them, honestly.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Then lots of people won't buy windows phone. And most people who already have will sell it. then MS will lose the market share it has and ditch windows phone completely.

Then life will go on.

But it will be back soon enough. They have put too much resources into the beta to just abandon it completely

Ilasor

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Short answer: WP will die fast here in Germany. A phone without whatsapp is nearly worthless.

Last edited:

soothsaier

May 18, 2014
Visit site
No one can spend few hours or a day without WhatsApp. You could probably download the .xap file of whatsapp from third party sites and deploy it.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp is one of those apps that's just required for absolutely anybody who has relatives overseas or those with limited texting and talking plans. I live between Boston and Frankfurt myself, and I absolutely cannot survive without it. I have a feeling that it is coming back, seeing as it is one of the highly sought-after apps out there. If it doesn't come back... prepare for a major dip in international Lumia sales.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
There's no reason why it won't be back, but they'll be getting a 1-star rating from me for unpublishing it with 0 warning. I just got a Lumia 1520 for a family member who uses WhatsApp more than any other apps, and now I won't be able to install it for them until it's back. Screw them, honestly.

Right, way to encourage developers. I'm just thankful there is a WhatsApp for WP at all.

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
there's literally at least a dozen alternatives to whatsapp. i mean its my primary app for messaging, but let's be honest, the notifications have always been terribly unreliable, even going back to wp7.5, and it doesn't do anything that tons of other apps couldn't do.

-> there's fb messenger which is now owned by the same people and does a very very similar thing, there's viber, chaton, snapchat instagram messages and i dont even know what else. get on facebook tell your friend "hey whatsapp is ****ed on my phone, wanna switch to [insert chat name]" [yeah, cool] done.

it's really not at all hard to find an alternative

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Nah alternative won't work for me. I use whatsapp everyday for few hours (my whole family is overseas). I'll have to get android or iPhone phone.
Well we'll see what happens, I don't think they are going to terminate it from WP. And it works so good on my 928 :)
They're just overwriting it probably

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Why is there any reason to believe it might not, especially when the publisher explicitly stated that it would be back? I really don't get why people are freaking out over this. I totally think they're doing the right thing. Why leave it up there for people to download and get pissed off when it doesn't work? Look at all these publishers of A list apps who push out something half baked for Windows Phone because they were paid to do it and then never touch it again. They just leave the piece of crap in the app store and never fix it despite months and months and thousands of user complaints and never fix it. At least Whatsapp is being proactive and imo they should be getting praised instead of punished for that.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Viber is much better, especially with all those nice stickers, everyone i know uses viber now, if not you have facebook messaging, anyway why would they not re-release it, I don't blame them removing it, its sometimes easier to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077